University Prep, Elementary Enrichment Teacher 2022-23 (Denver, CO)
Denver, CO - Colorado, United States
Date published: 10-May-2022
Position: Elementary Enrichment Teacher (Art, Physical Education, Dance, Performing Arts, Foreign Language, or Music)
Our Mission: Building a foundation of skills, knowledge and character, University Prep educates every K-5 scholar for a four-year college degree and life of opportunity.
Why you’ll love us:
"We have been a part of the University Prep family from the beginning. Over the past school years, I've been so proud to see my child grow, learn, and get the support that I feel every child should receive.” – U Prep Parent
At U Prep, three major focus areas drive our work each day, ensuring we stay true to the promises we make to every one of our families – a genuine life of opportunity for their child.
1. Vision - You can only dream as far as you can see - we ensure all of our students see what’s truly possible. Read more.
2. Academics - Academic excellence for every child sits at the center of our work. Read more.
3. Character - A focus on growing good students and good people is at the heart of our mission. Read more.
Why we’ll love you:
Do the following must haves resonate with how you are wired?
You're mission and values-driven. You are committed to educational equity for all children and are deeply aligned with the core values that drive our team and our organization at University Prep.
You love working with people: You love to proactively communicate with new people, in fact it gives you energy.
You carry deep humility while remaining results-oriented: You are open to new ideas and approaches while always keeping the end goal in sight.
You never give up: You take on challenges and find a way to get to the finish line.
Achieving big dreams takes hard work and a team effort. If you’re reading this far and feel yourself nodding enthusiastically, read on!
What you’ll do:
· Embody mission and vision of University Prep along with the organization’s core values.
· Intellectually prepare for curriculum based on specialty area (i.e. music, art, dance, PE, etc.)
· Design and implement a comprehensive enrichment program for kindergarten through fifth grade scholars (performing arts and dance) (art, music, Spanish and PE are established programs).
· Engage in deliberate practice with leaders and colleagues to ensure full preparation before delivering instruction in front of children.
· Actively engage with families, children and community members to understand their backgrounds and experiences in order to support an equitable and inclusive school environment.
· Communicate regularly and proactively with colleagues, scholars and families.
· Play a direct role in developing and strengthening a warm, consistent, and focused school culture in which learning time is maximized and all students are fully engaged.
o Teach, support and enhance school-wide systems and expectations at all times with all children.
· Draft scholar report cards and intentionally plan for family meetings to ensure meaningful information is shared and the school/home relationship is further enhanced.
· Actively participate in all professional development and learning opportunities, demonstrating a desire toward continual improvement and learning.
· Continuously use feedback from leaders, colleagues and families to make productive changes in instructional practices and overall performance.
· Complete all administrative requirements before given deadlines.
· Participate in additional activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year to best serve our children and community.
Compensation & Benefits:
Our package includes, but is not limited to the following:
· Annual salary range of $50,000-$65,000. Depending on experience and demonstrated ability to drive outcomes for scholars.
· U Prep pays 100% of the employee’s personal medical benefit and provides options to elect dental, vision, critical illness and accident benefits.
o U Prep contributes up to $600 to a personal wellness account for each employee.
· Potential access to signing bonuses and moving stipends
· Entrance into our Teacher Career Pathways and Opportunities
o Includes additional compensation (Up to 10K) and opportunities for instructional coaching, grade-level leadership, and personalized PD based on areas of interest/focus.
· Three weeks of summer professional development (PD) for new employees
· Robust PD over the course of the school year (including our Summer Institute)
o 140+ hours of PD for new instructional staff
· Weekly personalized coaching and supports:
o Time to connect (our leaders go beyond helping develop your technical skills and ensure we know what’s going on with you)
o Classroom observations including real-time coaching
o Observation feedback sessions
o Co-Intellectual Prep meetings (working with you to prepare for excellent instruction)
o Data meetings to analyze and action plan
· Weekly time for grade level teams to collaborate and engage with each other with a focus on helping all of our scholars succeed.
· Full commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of University Prep.
· Full commitment to organization’s core values and core identity.
· Unyielding optimism that children can perform at or above grade level regardless of where they may be starting their educational journey.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
· Highly qualified as defined by ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act).
· This includes passing PRAXIS 5001 scores by July 1, 2022, in enrichment specialty area.
· Highly proficient in their own specialty area.
· Minimum of one year working in urban education and/or with a diverse student population.
· For those with teaching experience: history of leading significant gains in student performance
· Excellent verbal and written skills.
· Experience or familiarity analyzing data and using data to inform decisions and/or instruction.
· Strong organizational skills as evidenced by exceptional time and task management.
· Ability to work full-time, including some evenings and weekends along with a “whatever it takes” disposition.
· Ability to work in person/in the school building. This is not remote/telecommuting role.
· Openness to feedback and a strong desire for continual growth and development as a professional.
· Willingness to take responsibility for scholar outcomes and achievement without excuse.
· Demonstrated track record of operating with a growth mindset and deep humility in all previous roles.
· Bilingual strongly preferred (English/Spanish).
Learn more: Visit: http://uprepschool.org/careers/
As an equal opportunity employer, University Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.