Columbus Collegiate Academy, Middle School Art Teacher 2022-23 (Columbus, OH)
Columbus, OH, United States
Date published: 13-May-2022
School Year: 2022-2023
Position: Art Teacher
Campus: Columbus Collegiate Academy (Dana Ave. or Main St.)
Grade(s): 6th - 8th Grade
Reports to: School Director
The United Schools Network (USN) is a nonprofit organization in Columbus, Ohio. After founding its first school in 2008, it has worked together with incredible leaders to open three more schools in the span of ten years. Each USN school is an open enrollment, public charter school that works diligently to close the opportunity gap in Columbus. Moreover, the mission of all USN schools is to transform lives and our communities through the power of education, while maintaining our vision: For every child, an open door.
USN currently operates two high-performing elementary schools (K-5) and two high-performing middle schools (6-8) that serve more than 1,000 students. We strive to provide students with a rigorous academic experience in a joyful learning environment, and we work hard to ensure that students of all levels grow and succeed by focusing on intentional student support and continual improvement.
USN Art Teachers instruct students and evaluate their progress in producing, understanding, and appreciating the fine arts. Additionally, in partnership with local organizations, they will work collaboratively to expand student access to art programming. USN Art Teachers will also regularly collaborate with grade-level teams to develop special events and assemblies, maintain grade-level culture, provide classroom support, and communicate with families on upcoming lessons and events. Lastly, in collaboration with colleagues and school leaders, Art Teachers will implement frequent feedback in order to grow as educators and design rigorous, aligned curriculum that support the needs of all learners.
Joining Our Team
USN Core Traits:
- Mission-Driven. USN team members believe deeply in the mission of United Schools Network: to transform lives and our communities through the power of education.
- Growth Mindset. USN team members believe in their ability, and the ability of all students, to grow and improve.
- Relationship-Driven. USN team members get proximate to USN students, families, and colleagues to develop authentic relationships that inform work in the classroom.
- Conscientiousness. USN team members are professional, reliable, diligent, and pay attention to detail.
- Emotionally Constant. USN team members maintain a sense of calm while addressing a number of priorities.
● Holds a B.A./B.S. degree and has the ability to secure the appropriate teaching license.
● Has prior experience working in urban schools and/or communities (preferred).
● Experience facilitating school partnerships to improve art opportunities for students (preferred)
Knowledge and Skills
● Is committed to using data-driven instructional practices and the techniques outlined in Teach Like a Champion 3.0 to improve student outcomes and classroom management techniques.
● Is relentless in writing, refining, and internalizing curriculum, lessons, and assessments.
● Is open and committed to implementing frequent feedback from team members.
● Communicates effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
● Comfortability with Google products for effective communication and completion of job responsibilities.
Terms of Employment
● Although this position will begin August 1st, 2022, applications will be considered immediately.
● Salary: $38,000/year
○ Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability coverage
○ Employees are eligible to participate in the State Teachers Retirement System of Ohio (STRS) or the School Employees Retirement System of Ohio (SERS).
Apply online at unitedschoolsnetwork.org/join.