Boston Preparatory Charter School, Manager of Data Analytics (IMMEDIATE OPENING) (Boston, MA)
Date published: 26-Sep-2018
About the Organization:
Boston Prep Charter Public School (Boston Prep) is a free, public school, offering a rigorous curriculum to approximately 415 students from the most underserved neighborhoods of Boston. We operate as an integrated middle school, high school, and alumni support model. At the root of our programming is a belief that all students can succeed in college.
Mission: Boston Prep Charter Public School prepares students to succeed in a four-year college and embody, in thought and action, lifelong ethical growth. An environment structured around scholarship and personal growth cultivates students' virtues of courage, compassion, integrity, perseverance, and respect.
To achieve our ambitious goals, our approach includes six essentials that we believe lead to our success: we hold high expectation for students, we foster ethical growth, we have an invested, passionate student culture, we have an exceptional adult team, we offer a range of supports, and we ensure college persistence. Currently, 83% of our graduates are persisting in college, 100% of our students have been accepted to four-year colleges, and 98% of our alumni have matriculated to college the semester after graduating from Boston Prep.
We believe that exceptional student gains are the direct result of excellent teaching and programming and acknowledge the importance of students’ college readiness skills in achieving our mission. We are a mission-driven group of adults committed to refining and improving our practice such that our students can chart the life course they aspire to. We hope you will consider applying.
About the Position:
- Lead analyses and interpret data to test hypotheses and understand academic and behavioral drivers
- Support requests from Executive Director, Chief Academic Officer, Principals, and Department Chairs
- Support Board and Committee material development
- Lead survey design and administration, including student, faculty, family, and alumni surveys
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to support the School Leadership Team with strategic projects
Data Systems Building
- Build dashboards that enable Principals, Department Chairs, and other school leaders to quickly and efficiently learn about progress toward key organizational goals
- Develop Salesforce alumni tracking platform and support cross-sector alumni tracking
- Collaborate with other members of the Data Team to successfully launch PowerSchool
- Pioneer new systems and processes to ensure maximum efficiency and benefit from student information systems
Additional Skills Required:
- Commitment in Boston Prep’s mission, students, and staff
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must
- Effective oral and written communication skills using PowerPoint
- Ability to independently structure work plans, troubleshoot technical issues, and work under tight deadlines
Applicants must possess the drive, experience, and entrepreneurial spirit to craft an outstanding urban public school. Boston Prep is committed to a diverse workplace.
Boston Prep Charter Public School is committed to ensuring that all of its programs and facilities are accessible to all members of the public. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation.