Alpha Public Schools, Recruitment Manager (2018-2019) (San Jose, CA)
San Jose, CA
Date published: 15-Mar-2018
We believe that all children have a fundamental right to an excellent education.
Alpha Public Schools will ensure that all of our scholars develop the academic skills and leadership habits required to succeed in college and live with integrity.
Recruitment Manager, Talent Team
Do you thrive when building strong relationships and working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment? Are you excited about finding great talent, problem solving through hard-to-hire roles, and leading the recruitment and hiring process for all open positions?
If so, Alpha’s Recruitment Manager role may be just what you’re looking for. As the Recruitment Manager and a member of our Talent Team, you will build and drive Alpha’s annual recruitment strategic plan, using data to improve the sourcing and selection processes along the way. You will be a key player in ensuring the best talent joins us on our mission!
What you’ll do…
● Promote Alpha’s staff culture, mindsets, and values with all candidates and with the hiring team
● Identify, cultivate, and influence top candidates to apply to Alpha
● Create an annual sourcing plan that aligns with Alpha’s recruitment goals
● Conduct interviews and cultivation meetings to understand candidate’s fit with Alpha Public Schools and assess the candidate’s match with open positions
● Create and guide the hiring team through Alpha’s candidate cultivation plan
● Create a matriculation plan for all new hires and guide hiring managers in executing the plan
● Train & support hiring managers
● Oversee Alpha’s applicant tracking system (ATS) and effectively move candidates through the entire interview process (in effect, become our internal ATS guru)
● Network aggressively to cultivate important relationships and identify recruitment channels
● Leverage a range of recruiting techniques to source candidates through the use of the internet, social media, network building, and other resources
● Attend key national and regional recruitment events such as career fairs, conferences, panel discussions, and networking events
● Work collaboratively with others on the Talent Team to ensure our recruiting strategy is integrated into Alpha’s broader talent strategy and to meet our recruiting targets
You are good at…
● Project management: Construct the annual recruitment plan and create benchmarks, hiring targets, and tracking metrics to ensure the organization is fully staffed
● Building strategic partnerships within colleges, universities, and other organizations to develop pipelines of talent, as well as working in partnership with and shaping the perspective of internal stakeholders
● Data-driven action planning: Collect/analyze data and implement changes to the hiring & selection process based on recruitment data
You really set yourself apart by being…
Join our team…
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter online.
Alpha Public Schools is a network of four high-performing public charter schools founded by a group of East San José mothers dedicated to helping transform their community. We have a strong growth mindset – as individuals, as an organization, and on behalf of our students and families. We want to be better tomorrow than we are today.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
Salary is competitive and compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org