Vista College Prep, Elementary School Teacher (Phoenix, AZ)
Date published: 14-Oct-2018
Elementary School Teacher:
Vista College Prep staff are committed to closing the achievement gap. VCP’s joyful, urgent, intentional culture underscores all we do to make our schools a proof point for what is possible for all students in Arizona.
• Develop and implement rigorous, standards-aligned lesson plans targeted with an end goal of student performance at or above grade level expectations;
• Build positive relationships with students grounded in respect, enthusiasm, achievement, courage, hard work and self-determination through structured social-emotional learning;
• Teach and maintain school-wide systems, rules and consequences, and rewards;
• Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions;
• Communicate effectively and proactively with students, families, and colleagues;
• Analyze student achievement data collaboratively with colleagues to critically and strategically respond to the learning needs of students;
• Work to continuously improve effectiveness in all instructional practices, using school’s teacher performance rubric as a guide;
• Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards; and,
• Participate in annual three-week staff training.
The ideal candidates will also possess the following qualifications:
• Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects;
• Track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains or comparable results in their current field;
• Ability to approach situations with optimism and perseverance;
• Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills;
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree;
• Minimum of two years teaching experience in urban public school setting preferred, but not required;
• Spanish proficiency or fluency preferred, but not required;
• Valid IVP fingerprint clearance card.
We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive health benefits.
All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including relevant and quality professional development, laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies. Teachers never have to purchase any of their own supplies.
Email a resume and cover letter to Bridget White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
About Vista College Prep:
Vista College Prep is a high-performing K-8 tuition-free, public charter school educating a high minority and low-income student population. We firmly believe that demographics does not determine destiny and that all students should have access to an excellent education. Learn more at www.vistacollegeprep.org.
As an equal opportunity employer, Vista College Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.