About Élan Academy
Élan Academy Charter School is an academically challenging, disciplined, and joyful elementary school in New Orleans, LA. Through a classical curriculum, high-quality instruction, and leadership development, Élan Academy Charter School ensures that all students have the foundation necessary to thrive in secondary school, succeed in college, and access lives of opportunity.
Be a Teacher at Elan. Change the Narrative.
Élan Academy understands that teacher quality is the most important factor that drives student achievement. We are relentlessly seeking teachers who believe strongly in our mission and vision and whose actions demonstrate high expectations for themselves, scholars, families, and their colleagues. We hire smart, driven people willing to work hard to realize our mission and who have the characteristics, core values, and experiences necessary to deliver ambitious results for students, and Élan Academy provides optimum school structures to support their success.
Overview: Our teachers must firmly believe that demographics do not determine destiny and all children can succeed if they have access to a high-quality education. Teachers are held accountable by the Head of School and Assistant Head of School in regard to their performance and growth, student achievement, and quality of the curriculum. Teachers are entrusted with advancing the mission of the school through the development and implementation of a rigorous, standards-aligned curriculum, responsiveness to feedback provided and collaboration with the Dean of Academics on areas of instructional and/or curricular need at the school.
- Embody & Élan Academy’s mission, vision, and LEADER values;
- Participate in an annual four-week staff orientation and training;
- Develop and implement ambitious, rigorous, and standards-aligned curricula, lesson and unit plans, and activities to meet and exceed academic standards
- Provide engaging, differentiated, appropriately paced, and rigorous instruction in whole-class, small group, and individual settings
- Establish and maintain a culture of achievement in their classroom; uphold school-wide and class systems, rules and consequences, disciplinary codes, and rewards at all times
- Analyze student achievement data collaboratively with colleagues and Head of School to critically and strategically respond to the learning needs of students
- Implement school’s data tracking system and use data to inform instructional development and delivery
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
- Collaborate with other staff members and actively participate in training, professional development and learning activities
- Work to continuously improve effectiveness in all instructional practices.
- Use feedback to make productive changes in performance
- Complete all administrative requirements by given deadlines
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards
- Participate in additional school activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year.
- Participate in school-related community events, such as recruitment fairs, canvassing events, and fundraiser events as needed throughout the year
- Believe that there is not a more urgent task than providing an outstanding academic and character education to students from urban backgrounds
- Take ownership for the achievement results of their students
- Have a track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains or comparable results in their current field
- Work well within a team of high-performers
- Are goal-driven, analytical problem solvers, and embody a can-do spirit and strong work ethic
- Promote continuous improvement by being open to feedback; are self-reflective and humble
- Dedicated to improving curriculum and instruction through collaboration, reflection, feedback, best practices, and regular assessment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- LA State Certification preferred but not required
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
Apply Today! Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. For more information, please visit our website: www.elanacademy.org.