RePublic Schools, Associate Director of Student Recruitment (2018-2019) (Nashville, TN)
Date published: 5-Sep-2018
RePublic Schools is a network of high-performing public charter schools based in Nashville, TN and Jackson, MS with a mission to reimagine public education in the South and prepare all of our scholars to graduate from college. In addition to providing a world-class traditional academic curriculum, we empower our students to be change-makers by teaching them to code – starting in the 5th grade.
Despite the fact that our scholars come from traditionally underserved communities (approximately 85% identify as low-income, and nearly 95% as students of color), we have seen them defy the odds to achieve outstanding results. RePublic’s schools have scored in the top 5% of all open-enrollment public schools across the state of Tennessee for both student growth and absolute achievement – making ours the first (and only) charter schools in state history to achieve this dual distinction.
At RePublic, we cultivate a cohesive community of families, staff, and scholars committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure our scholars succeed. We are looking for a dynamic, determined AssociateDirector of Student Recruitment to reach our communities and bring families to RePublic. Candidates must share our unwavering belief that all children can achieve at high levels and change the world. Sound like you?
What You’ll Do
At RePublic, we know that in order to achieve our ambitious goal of transforming the future of public education in the South, we need schools full of scholars eager and ready to learn. Reporting to the Director of External Affairs, the Associate Director of Student Recruitment will lead recruitment efforts to connect with scholars and families in the community and support them on the path of application and enrollment in a RePublic school.
- Manage the local Nashville recruiting team and campaign
- Hire and invest a team of part time fellows to support recruitment strategy and application gathering
- Ensure the team knows and can share the message of RePublic in a strong way
- Create and maintain relationships with community partners to reach out scholars and families where they are
- Create and execute on recruitment strategy
- Work with the Director of External Affairs to create and execute on a recruitment strategy
- Communicate to families the RePublic why and invest them in applying and attending a RePublic School
- Strategies include, but are not limited to:
- Small group and large group canvassing
- Community events
- Both attending and creating
- School tours
- Family informational sessions
- Manage data and application systems
- Work with the Director of External Affairs to set and track goals on a daily and weekly basis
- Enter all applications into internal and external tracking systems
- Work with the school district to ensure compliance and accuracy in application reporting
- Manage all electronic and paper applications
Who You Are
Our ideal Associate Director of Student Recruitment will have an unwavering belief that all students deserve a high quality college prep education regardless of who they are or where they come from. Beyond that, a successful candidate will be:
- A serial optimist. You've got a deep, personal commitment to the mission of RePublic Schools, and a genuine belief that all students can achieve academic excellence, regardless of race or socioeconomic status. You've got a "healthy rage" about the state of public education in the South - and you want to be a part of a team that is doing something about it every single day.
- A driver of results. You've demonstrated ability to drive results in the pursuit of an ambitious vision and strategy, and you combine your exceptional strategic, analytical, and critical thinking skills with your penchant to use data to drive decision-making to achieve impressive outcomes.
- A systems builder. You're comfortable with ambiguity, and thrive in situations where you get to build something out of nothing, or create order out of chaos. You choose start-up over bureaucracy any day - even if it can be beautifully messy.
- A human megaphone. You are able to rally and lead a team to success by focusing on strengths and coaching around areas of growth with a warm, yet demanding, tone. You are able to speak to anyone, especially strangers, to get them invested and fired up about the RePublic mission.
- An entrepreneurial learner. You are a self-directed go-getter. You take initiative, generate ideas/solutions to problems, operate with a growth mindset, and seek opportunities for feedback.
- A storyteller. You are a word wizard, and love to craft a compelling narrative. You understand the importance of storytelling - and know how to leverage stories to address an individual's unique motivations and barriers, and ultimately compel them to take action on the behalf of our kids.
- A hustler. You are doggedly persistent. You know that it takes time to cultivate strong relationships, and you're not afraid to put yourself out there to make the ask.
- Other qualifications and certification:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience serving scholars who are traditionally underserved, in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred;
- Previous experience and demonstrated track record of results and data driven management through goal setting
- Campaign, call center or other customer service experience preferred
Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience. Compensation at RePublic includes a comprehensive benefits package.