Purpose Prep, Teacher (Kindergarten – 4th Grade) (Immediate Opening) (Nashville, TN)
Date published: 23-Oct-2017
Purpose Preparatory Academy Charter School is an academically challenging, disciplined, and joyful elementary school in Nashville, TN. Through rigorous curriculum, high-quality instruction, and positive character development, Purpose Preparatory Academy ensures that all Kindergarten through grade four students achieve the academic skills, knowledge, and ethical foundation to be set on the path to college.
Be a Teacher at Purpose Prep.
Change the World.
Purpose Prep understands that teacher quality is the most important factor that drives student achievement. We are relentlessly seeking teachers who believe strongly in our mission and vision and whose actions demonstrate high expectations for themselves, scholars, families, and their colleagues. We hire smart, driven people willing to work hard to realize our mission and who have the characteristics, core values, and experiences necessary to deliver ambitious results for scholars, and Purpose Prep provides optimum school structures to support their success.
Purpose Prep has launched an urgent search for committed, intelligent, hard-working educators. We will consider candidates who:
- Embody Purpose Prep’s mission, vision, and RISE with Purpose values (Purpose, Respect, Integrity, Self-Determination, Excellence)
- Believe that there is not a more urgent task than providing an outstanding academic and character education to students from urban backgrounds
- Take ownership for the achievement results of their students
- Have a track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains or comparable results in their current field
- Work well within a team of high-performers
- Are goal-driven, analytical problem solvers, and embody a can-do spirit and strong work ethic
- Promote continuous improvement by being open to feedback; are self-reflective and humble
- Dedicated to improving curriculum and instruction through collaboration, reflection, feedback, best practices, and regular assessment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- TN State Certification preferred but not required
- Embody Purpose Prep’s mission, vision, and RISE with Purpose values
- Develop and implement ambitious, rigorous, and standards-aligned curricula, lesson and unit plans, and activities to meet and exceed academic standards
- Design and implement rigorous assessments aligned to academic targets
- Provide engaging, differentiated, appropriately paced, and rigorous instruction in whole-class, small group, and individual settings
- Establish and maintain a culture of achievement in their classroom; uphold school-wide and class systems, rules and consequences, disciplinary codes, and rewards at all times
- Analyze student achievement data collaboratively with colleagues and Head of School to critically and strategically respond to the learning needs of students
- Implement school’s data tracking system and use data to inform instructional development and delivery
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
- Collaborate with other staff members and actively participate in training, professional development and learning activities
- Work to continuously improve effectiveness in all instructional practices.
- Use feedback to make productive changes in performance
- Complete all administrative requirements by given deadlines
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards
- Participate in additional school activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year.
- Participate in school-related community events, such as recruitment fairs, canvassing events, and fundraiser events as needed throughout the year