Purpose Prep, Enrichment Instructor (Art (Performing or Creative), Music, or Spanish Instructor) (Immediate Opening) (Nashville, TN)
Date published: 23-Oct-2017
Purpose Preparatory Academy Charter School is an academically challenging, disciplined, and joyful elementary school in Nashville, TN. Through rigorous curriculum, high-quality instruction, and positive character development, Purpose Preparatory Academy ensures that all Kindergarten through grade four students achieve the academic skills, knowledge, and ethical foundation to be set on the path to college.
Be an Enrichment Instructor at Purpose Prep.
Change the World.
We are relentlessly seeking an enrichment instructor (Art (Performing or Creative), Music, or Spanish) who believes strongly in our mission and vision and whose actions demonstrate high expectations for scholars, families, and colleagues. The enrichment instructor ensures effective implementation of our enrichment program, creating and implementing engaging, structured lessons for our scholars. We hire smart, driven people willing to work hard to realize our mission and who have the characteristics and experiences necessary to deliver ambitious results for scholars, and Purpose Prep provides optimum school structures to support their success.
Purpose Prep has launched an urgent search for a committed, intelligent, hard-working enrichment instructor. We will consider candidates who:
- Embody Purpose Prep’s mission, vision, and RISE with Purpose values (Purpose, Respect, Integrity, Self-Determination, Excellence)
- Believe that there is not a more urgent task than providing an outstanding academic and character education to students from urban backgrounds
- Take ownership for the achievement results of their students
- Have a track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains or comparable results in their current field
- Work well within a team of high-performers
- Are goal-driven, analytical problem solvers, and embody a can-do spirit and strong work ethic
- Promote continuous improvement by being open to feedback; are self-reflective and humble
- Dedicated to improving curriculum and instruction through collaboration, reflection, feedback, best practices, and regular assessment
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public school setting
- TN State Certification preferred, but not required
- Embody Purpose Prep’s mission, vision, and RISE with Purpose values
- Develop and implement ambitious, rigorous curricula, lesson and unit plans, and activities to meet and exceed the standards of our physical education program
- Provide engaging, differentiated, appropriately paced, and rigorous instruction in whole-class, small group, and individual settings
- Establish and maintain a culture of achievement in the classroom; uphold school-wide and class systems, rules and consequences, disciplinary codes, and rewards at all times
- Analyze student achievement data collaboratively with colleagues and Head of School to critically and strategically respond to the learning needs of students
- Implement school’s data tracking system and use data to inform instructional development and delivery
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues.
- Collaborate with other staff members and actively participate in training, professional development and learning activities
- Work to continuously improve effectiveness in all instructional practices.
- Use feedback to make productive changes in performance
- Complete all administrative requirements by given deadlines
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of standards
- Participate in additional school activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year.
- Participate in school-related community events, such as recruitment fairs, canvassing events, and fundraiser events as needed throughout the year
We offer a competitive compensation package, including a salary above the district scale and comprehensive health benefits.