Nashville Classical, Spanish Teacher (2018-2019) (Nashville, TN)
Date published: 11-Apr-2018
With high expectations and hard work, Nashville Classical’s Spanish teacher will build upon our elementary school foreign language program and create the foundation of our new Middle School program. Our Spanish teacher will lead a cohort of scholars to unprecedented academic success by designing curriculum, managing classrooms, and partnering with colleagues. Nashville Classical seeks educators committed to making history with joy and urgency.
- Plan and teach varied curriculum that inspire love of Spanish language and culture
- Communicate the rationale behind why Spanish education is important for scholars today and for a lifetime
- Collaborate in the production of content-driven special events biannually
- Use formative assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- Receive and implement routine, ongoing feedback and support from an outstanding leadership team and faculty
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions
- Provide consistent rewards and consequences to drive student culture
- Meaningfully engage families in their scholar’s academic achievement through phone calls, home visits, bus rides, and notes.
- Serve as a liaison between Spanish-speaking families and NCCS teachers and staff through translation
- Participate in annual three-week staff training prior to school year’s opening.
- Commit to teach an extended daily schedule and daily professional development.
- Do whatever it takes to achieve the mission of Nashville Classical.
Our full-time Spanish teacher will have:
- Proficiency in the Spanish language
- Full-time classroom experience in a school setting
- Experience teaching their content, either in small group or large group setting
- A Master’s Degree and teaching certification in the content area are preferred; a Bachelor’s degree and desire to make history is required
- The drive to ensure that joyful, rigorous instruction and activities are delivered to every scholar, every single day.
We offer a generous compensation package that surpasses our local district and equip staff with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated workspace, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and necessary classroom supplies. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.