Nashville Classical, Middle School Specials Teacher (2018-2019) (Nashville, TN)
Date published: 13-Dec-2017
You are a founder. With high expectations and hard work, Nashville Classical’s Middle School teachers will build the foundation of our new Middle School and lead a cohort of 75 scholars to unprecedented academic success by designing curriculum, managing a classroom, and partnering with colleagues. Nashville Classical seeks educators committed to making history with joy and urgency. Specials positions available include:
- Foreign Language: Spanish, French, Latin
- Physical Education
- Plan and teach varied curriculum that inspire love of the content area
- Communicate the rationale behind why Specials are important for scholars today and for a lifetime
- Collaborate in the production of content-driven special events biannually
- Use formative assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- Receive and implement routine, ongoing feedback and support from an outstanding leadership team and faculty
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions
- Provide consistent rewards and consequences to drive student culture.
- Meaningfully engage families in their scholar’s academic achievement through phone calls, home visits, bus rides, and notes.
- Participate in annual three-week staff training prior to school year’s opening.
- Commit to teach an extended daily schedule and daily professional development.
- Do whatever it takes to achieve the mission of Nashville Classical.
Our full time Specials teachers will have:
- Full-time classroom experience in a school setting
- Experience teaching their content, either in small group or large group setting
- A Master’s Degree and teaching certification in the content area are preferred; a Bachelor’s degree and desire to make history is required
- The drive to ensure that joyful, rigorous instruction and activities are delivered to every scholar, every single day.
We offer a generous compensation package that surpasses our local district and equip staff with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated workspace, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and necessary classroom supplies. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.