Nashville Classical, K-4 Lead Teacher (2018-2019) (Nashville, TN)
Date published: 13-Dec-2017
Nashville Classical Charter School is a college preparatory public charter school in its fourth year of operation. Our school currently enrolls 381 K-4 grade scholars. For the 2018–2019 school year, we are looking for Elementary (K–4) Lead Teachers.
- Write weekly lesson plans in one subject to be shared across the grade level.
- Build an achievement-oriented culture during morning and afternoon circle.
- Internalize, individualize, and execute common lesson plans.
- Make instructional choices with joy and urgency.
- Teach whole group, small group and individual lessons with rigor.
- Engage in an ongoing data-driven cycle of assessment, analysis, and action.
- Provide consistent rewards and consequences for behavior.
- Implement school-wide systems for academics and behavior.
- Engage families through phone calls, home visits, bus rides, and notes.
- Participate in an annual three-week staff training prior to school’s opening.
- Commit to teach an extended daily schedule: Student’s day is 7:45am–4:00pm.
- Commit to daily professional development: Teacher’s day is 7:15am–4:20pm.
- Do whatever it takes to achieve the mission of Nashville Classical.
Our team is hardworking, humble, and smart. We come from diverse backgrounds and bring different skills, but all of us believe a child’s destiny cannot be decided by wealth, race, or background.
A Teacher’s Mission:
A Nashville Classical Lead Teacher is responsible for leading a classroom of 24–28 students to multiple years of academic achievement and social growth within a single school year. Lead Teachers write shared lesson plans; teach literacy and math blocks; supervise breakfast and recess; administer assessments and track achievement data. Most importantly, they build enduring relationships with students and their families.
Compensation and Competencies:
We offer a generous compensation package that surpasses our local district and equip staff with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated workspace, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and necessary classroom supplies. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.