Memphis College Prep, Principal (2018-2019) (Memphis, TN)
Date published: 5-Mar-2018
The Principal serves as the instructional leader, responsible for managing all academic programs and procedures to ensure that all students are on track for high academic achievement, by sustaining a rigorous school climate and culture. The Principal will co-lead with the Director of Operations, and will report directly to the Executive Director.
- Embody and advocate the mission, vision, and strategic direction of the school
- Works with the Student Success Advocate and other school leaders to create, monitor, and sustain the high standards of a rigorous school climate and school culture
- Ensure rigorous academic performance and teaching quality in every classroom every day
- Assume responsibility and instructional leadership for the planning, operation, supervision, and evaluation of the instructional programs
- Evaluate the effectiveness of instruction and individual teacher performance, promoting professional growth plans and opportunities for instructional staff
- Support the professional development of all teachers and instructional staff by planning and executing professional development
- Work with teachers and parents to implement student interventions that differentiate instruction based on student need.
- Use data to make decisions about curriculum, assessment, instruction and all school improvement efforts
- Lead school meetings, faculty meetings, and instructional team meetings
- Ensure smooth operation of all school function without excuses or exceptions
- Establishes a culture of mutual respect and excellence through dialogue and relationships with staff, students, central office administrators, and community members
- Develops, monitors, and evaluates programs to enhance positive school culture and climate
- Passionate advocate, dedicated to the school’s mission and organizational success
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to create and maintain an orderly, effective school organization, with high expectation
- Motivational leader who has driven individuals and organizations to succeed
- Openness to feedback, willingness to take personal responsibility, and desire to learn from mistakes
- Analytical problem-solver and solutions-oriented strategic thinker
- Results-driven educational leader with experience in, and commitment to, standards-based curriculum and the use of data and assessments to drive instructional decisions
- Exceptional communication skills in both written and oral presentation
- Outstanding urban teacher who has demonstrated quantifiable and objective student performance gains that surpass state averages
- Incredibly energetic leader, with a proven commitment to getting the job done right, no matter what it takes
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of urban teaching experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary and benefit compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and performance.
Commitment to Diversity:
Memphis College Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are an equal opportunity employer.