Memphis College Prep, Interventionist (2018-2019) (Memphis, TN)
Date published: 5-Mar-2018
The Interventionist will help support the Memphis College Prep academic program by working with scholars one on one and in small group settings throughout the day. S/he will help target skills identified by teachers and other instructional leaders. The Interventionist will report directly to the Principal, however will work in close collaboration with the Student Supports Team.
- Demonstrate a relentless commitment to the mission of the school.
- Provide academic support in teaching reading and mathematics to small groups or individual scholars as needed/scheduled by the Student Supports Team.
- Review and analyze student achievement and other academic data for monthly school-wide data dashboards and assistance with placing students in appropriate intervention groups, if needed.
- Collaborate with teachers individually to identify the literacy and math needs of students, to set individual and group learning goals.
- Collaborate with other staff members, while actively participating in professional development and learning opportunities.
- Complete all administrative requirements before given deadlines.
- Participate in additional activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year.
- Teach & enforce school-wide systems, rules & consequences, disciplinary codes, and rewards at all times.
- Substitute or be a full-time classroom teacher, in the need that a grade-level team needs extra support
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of school.
- Minimum of a senior in an undergraduate college/university; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent verbal, analytical and written skills.
- Experience or familiarity analyzing data and using data to inform decision-making.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Openness to feedback, desire to continue development as a professional, and willingness to take responsibility for scholar outcomes and achievement.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary and benefit compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Full-time and part-time positions available.
Commitment to Diversity:
Memphis College Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are an equal opportunity employer.