Equitas Academy Charter Schools, Elementary School Teacher, 2019/2020 (Los Angeles, CA)
Los Angeles, CA
Date published: 29-Nov-2018
To apply, please click here:
The mission of Equitas Academy Charter Schools is to provide a structured, achievement-based community that prepares students to graduate from four-year colleges and universities. We currently serve over 1,500 students and operate two elementary schools and two middle schools in the Pico-Union neighborhood of Los Angeles, with a growth plan to open four additional schools and serve over 3,000 students by 2022.
We have several opportunities for curious, joyful, and committed elementary educators in Kinder - 4th grade.
What Equitas Can Offer You:
· A strong organizational culture, focused on our mission of preparing all scholars for four-year colleges.
· A clean, organized environment that maximizes time to focus on instructional practice and scholar learning.
· Consistent behavior management systems and a structured classroom environment.
· Supportive professional development including four weeks of paid professional development, training, and team building in the summer, and weekly professional development throughout the school year.
· A coach who provides consistent, relevant, and individualized feedback based on in-class observations.
· A rigorous and aligned curriculum with a variety of resources.
· A positive, joyful, and collaborative social environment that leads to long-lasting relationships.
· The opportunity to advance to leadership roles in the organization such as grade level lead, instructional coach, dean, and school director.
A Day in Your Life as an Equitas Teacher:
· Lead rigorous instruction in all contents in your classroom including math, reading, phonics, writing, science, social studies, and morning meeting.
· Deliver instructional materials that you have prepared (using our Intellectual Planning and Prep protocol) based on our rigorous and aligned curriculum.
· Communicate and collaborate with families regarding the behavior and academic progress of their scholar.
· Maintain high academic and behavioral expectations for scholars.
· Execute warm/strict classroom management and uphold Equitas Academy’s positive tiered behavior system.
· Start your day by 7am with a school team huddle and end at 4:30pm after scholar dismissal.
· Daily prep time and a duty-free lunch period.
· Weekly collaborative grade level team meeting.
· Weekly 03 (one-on-one meeting and feedback session) with your coach.
· Supervise and facilitate portions of Community Meeting (our school assembly) every other Friday.
· Active participation in weekly professional development aimed at refining both school culture and academics.
· Perform other duties to support our scholars and school community.
What You'll Need:
· A Bachelor's degree
· A current Multiple Subject or Single Subject teaching credential (internship, preliminary, or clear) or out of state equivalent required
· English Learner authorization
· A strong belief that all students can succeed
· Demonstrated experience and success working with scholars in traditionally underserved communities (preferred)
Benefits at Equitas Academy:
- Because we believe in the transformational impact of great teachers and we value the hard work you do everyday, we strive to provide a comprehensive benefits package including:
- A competitive salary scale that honors your years of teaching experience and your academic success with your scholars.
- A variety of five health benefit plans so you can choose the option that best fits your needs (and the needs of your family if applicable). Dental, Vision and Group Term Life/AD&D as well as Group Voluntary Term Life Insurance are also offered.
- California's State Teacher Retirement System (CalSTRS) retirement matching and optional 403b plan.
- Generous time off including winter break, spring break, eleven holidays, six sick days, and eight half day self-care PDs.
Commitment to Diversity
Equitas Academy is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced team of educators. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please click here: