RePublic Schools, Director of Development (2018-2019) (Jackson, MS)
Date published: 5-Sep-2018
RePublic Schools is a network of high-performing public charter schools based in Nashville, TN and Jackson, MS with a mission to reimagine public education in the South and prepare all of our scholars to graduate from college. In addition to providing a world-class traditional academic curriculum, we empower our students to be change-makers by teaching them to code – starting in the 5th grade.
Despite the fact that our scholars come from traditionally underserved communities (approximately 85% identify as low-income, and nearly 95% as students of color), we have seen them defy the odds to achieve outstanding results. RePublic’s schools have scored in the top 5% of all open-enrollment public schools across the state of Tennessee for both student growth and absolute achievement – making ours the first (and only) charter schools in state history to achieve this dual distinction.
At RePublic, we cultivate a cohesive community of families, staff, and scholars committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure our scholars succeed. We are looking for a dynamic, determined Director of Development in Nashville, TN or Jackson, MS to lead our efforts in fundraising and grants management. Candidates must share our unwavering belief that all children can achieve at high levels and change the world. Sound like you?
What You’ll Do
At RePublic, we know that in order to achieve our ambitious goal of transforming the future of public education in the South, we need strong resource management and a clear recurring pipeline of external support. Reporting to the Director of Network Operations, RePublic’s Director of Development will ensure that RePublic meets its annual fundraising goals and is positioned for success in the area of development with strategic planning and project management in subsequent years.
- Craft meaningful fundraising strategy and manage the organization’s fundraising pipeline
- Collaborate with senior management team to craft and execute a strategy to raise $1.5 million by June 30, 2019 to support RePublic’s growth and ongoing operations.
- Collaborate with senior management team to craft and execute a strategy to raise $2.4 million by June 30, 2021 to support RePublic’s special projects and targeted giving campaigns.
- Segment donors and prospects in meaningful ways and develop donor personas accordingly.
- Develop giving tiers and recognition levels, including opportunities for corporate sponsorship.
- Streamline online donations and develop prospect research systems.
- Create efficient development systems that maximize impact
- Manage development budget, to include setting priorities and negotiating vendor contracts.
- Manage development operations such as gift processing, scheduled communications, and event logistics for school visits and presentations.
- Maintain Salesforce and development records. Collect more complete donor and prospect information.
- Create a data-driven development operation using Salesforce and tracking and analyzing KPIs.
- Develop evergreen assets for development, to include “case for support” materials, standard grant reports and proposals, and donor e-mail templates, new donor onboarding kit, annual report, and annual appeal.
- Manage grant processes across network teams
- Develop grant applications to raise funds from foundations and corporations.
- Coordinate across teams to ensure grant compliance and reporting for state, local, and private funds is managed effectively.
Who You Are
Our ideal Director of Development will have an unwavering belief that all our students can achieve at an exceptionally high level and that the work we do must be supported at a corresponding high level. Beyond that, a successful candidate will be:
- A serial optimist. You've got a deep, personal commitment to the mission of RePublic Schools, and a genuine belief that all students can achieve academic excellence, regardless of race or socioeconomic status. You've got a "healthy rage" about the state of public education in the South - and you want to be a part of a team that is doing something about it every single day.
- A driver of results. You've demonstrated ability to drive results in the pursuit of an ambitious vision and strategy, and you combine your exceptional strategic, analytical, and critical thinking skills with your penchant to use data to drive decision-making to achieve impressive outcomes.
- A systems builder. You're comfortable with ambiguity, and thrive in situations where you get to build something out of nothing, or create order out of chaos. You choose start-up over bureaucracy any day - even if it can be beautifully messy.
- An organizational mastermind. You appreciate big picture, but you know it's all in the details. You manage projects fluidly, fiercely prioritize, and track timelines, data, and information in an organized and systematic fashion.
- An entrepreneurial learner. You are a self-directed go-getter. You take initiative, generate ideas/solutions to problems, operate with a growth mindset, and seek opportunities for feedback.
- A storyteller. You are a word wizard, and love to craft a compelling narrative. You understand the importance of storytelling - and know how to leverage stories to address an individual's unique motivations and barriers, and ultimately compel them to take action on the behalf of our kids.
- A hustler. You are doggedly persistent. You know that it takes time to cultivate strong relationships, and you're not afraid to put yourself out there to make the ask.
- Other qualifications and certification:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience serving scholars who are traditionally underserved, in an urban public school or charter school setting preferred;
- Previous experience and demonstrated track record of results in fundraising, grants management, and development strongly preferred
Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience. Compensation at RePublic includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Apply for this position here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/republicschools/jobs/1164049?gh_jid=1164049