RePublic Schools, Associate Director of Compliance (2018-2019) (Jackson, MS)
Date published: 5-Sep-2018
RePublic Schools is a network of high-performing public charter schools based in Nashville, TN and Jackson, MS with a mission to reimagine public education in the South and prepare all of our scholars to graduate from college. In addition to providing a world-class traditional academic curriculum, we empower our students to be change-makers by teaching them to code – starting in the 5th grade.
Despite the fact that our scholars come from traditionally underserved communities (approximately 85% identify as low-income, and nearly 95% as students of color), we have seen them defy the odds to achieve outstanding results. RePublic’s schools have scored in the top 5% of all open-enrollment public schools across the state of Tennessee for both student growth and absolute achievement – making ours the first (and only) charter schools in state history to achieve this dual distinction.
At RePublic, we cultivate a cohesive community of families, staff, and scholars committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure our scholars succeed. We are looking for a dynamic, determined Associate Director of Compliance to support our schools and network team in data accountability, academic operations, and state and federal reporting. Candidates must share our unwavering belief that all children can achieve at high levels and change the world. Sound like you?
What You’ll Do
At RePublic, our Operations teams exist to block and tackle for school staff to ensure that they can focus on what matters most each day - teaching and learning. As part of RePublic’s Operations Team, the Associate Director of Compliance is responsible for managing the creation and execution of efficient systems for internal student data collection and external academic reporting and for supporting network and school-based academic operations across both regions RePublic currently serves: Tennessee and Mississippi.
- Build accountability systems to ensure accurate and timely state and federal reporting
- Enter data directly into Tennessee and Mississippi state and district student information system
- Guide school-based operations teams in creating action plans and setting deadlines that ensure accurate and onetime state and district reporting
- Set data entry deadlines based on the reporting calendar, and coach school-based leaders in creating timelines and action plans for meeting deadlines
- Facilitate relationships between school teams and Tennessee and Mississippi district or state student data liaison
- Source and manage part-time workers to support data input
- Create efficient systems to collect, store, and communicate network student information
- Design systems that allow for accurate and consistent student data collection
- Build trackers and reports in response to the needs of network teammates, schools, federal, state, and district government entities across Tennessee and Mississippi
- Set up all network student information systems with new students and new staff for each school year and execute close-out steps at the end of the year
- Provide training and ongoing coaching for school staff around student data collection methods and information systems, best practices, and processes
- Craft short-term and long-term vision and strategy for how student information systems are used and student data is stored across the network
- Develop and manage processes across network academic operations
- Format and upload student schedules to internal and external student information systems to meet state and district guidelines
- Build and codify the network high school course progression plan
- Manage the process to ensure accurate reporting of high school transcripts, cohort information, and on-time student graduation
- Project plan and facilitate Tennessee and Mississippi state or district accreditation visits
- Submit school and state testing calendars and subsequent edits to each calendar to district and state entities
- Serve as the network state testing coordinator
- Coach schools to excellence within school-based state testing systems in accordance with district and state guidelines
Who You Are
Our ideal Associate Director of Compliance will have an unwavering belief that our students can achieve at an exceptionally high level. Beyond that, a successful candidate will be:
- Passionately committed to the mission of RePublic Schools, and a genuine believer that all students can achieve academic excellence.
- A driver of results - you've demonstrated ability to drive results in the pursuit of an ambitious vision and strategy, and you combine your exceptional strategic, analytical, and critical thinking skills with your penchant to use data to drive decision-making to achieve impressive outcomes.
- A problem solver & systems creator - you have the ability to deconstruct complex problems and develop, actionable strategies. When encounter a one-off problem, you don’t just solve it in that instance, you design an airtight system, and process so that it won’t happen again.
- Incredibly organized - you will be managing many different requests and projects simultaneously in two different states. Federal and school-based reporting is dependent on your ability to manage and hit deadlines.
- Self-directed - you are one who takes initiative, operates with a growth mindset, and seeks opportunities for feedback. You've got a track record of doing this in the past, and are ready to dive in.
- Customer service oriented - you want to be a servant leader and are comfortable in leadership roles where your job is to make it easier for others to do theirs at an exceptionally high level.
- A quick and humble learner - you want to move from good to great when it comes to operations execution and the coaching and management of other people. You’re a sponge and you take every opportunity to learn and grow.
- Able to present effectively and persuasively to diverse audiences.
- Previous experience or strong, demonstrated interest in K-12 public education preferred
Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience. Compensation at RePublic includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Apply for this position here: https://boards.greenhouse.io/republicschools/jobs/1185673?gh_jid=1185673