University Prep, K-5 Teachers (Starts July 2019)
Date published: 7-Nov-2018
Position: K-5 Teachers
University Prep’s mission is to educate every child for a four-year college degree and a life of opportunity. Teachers are the cornerstone of achieving our mission and are entrusted with advancing it through the delivery of a rigorous, standards-aligned academic program. This includes preparation for and execution of engaging and focused lessons on measurable outcomes. It also includes consistent analysis of scholar progress and adapting to ensure all children’s needs are met. Further, aligned to our mission, teachers are charged with leading all of our scholars in meeting high behavioral and cultural expectations that support their learning and character development.
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of school.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Highly qualified as defined by ESSA (Every Student Succeeds Act).
- Minimum of one year working in urban education and/or with a diverse student population.
- For those with teaching experience: history of leading significant gains in student performance and/or growth.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience or familiarity analyzing data and using data to inform decisions and/or instruction.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Openness to feedback, desire to continue development as a professional, and willingness to take responsibility for outcomes.
- Demonstrated track record of operating with a growth mindset and deep humility in all previous roles.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish) (not required).
- Embody mission and vision of school.
- Execute/implement rigorous, standards-aligned curriculum including scope and sequence, unit plans, and lesson plans.
- Deliver daily, weekly, interim and end of year assessments to consistently capture student learning.
- Analyze student work and their academic data, and action plan accordingly in collaboration with team members.
- Actively engage with families, children and community members to understand their backgrounds and experiences in order to support an equitable and inclusive school environment.
- Communicate regularly and proactively with scholars and families.
- Execute/implement ambitious, rigorous, and standards-aligned lesson plans aligned with end goal of scholar performance at or above grade level expectations.
- Teach, support and enhance school-wide systems and expectations at all times with all children.
- Provide engaging, motivating, and rigorous instruction in whole-class, small group and individual settings.
- Plan for and deliver academic supports to small groups or individual scholars as needed/scheduled.
- Draft scholar report cards to ensure meaningful information for families and revise as needed.
- Collaborate with other staff members and actively participate in all professional development and learning opportunities.
- Engage in professional development and school-wide efforts including (but not limited to) issues of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Continuously use feedback from leaders, colleagues and families to make productive changes in instructional practices and overall performance.
- Complete all administrative requirements before given deadlines.
- Participate in additional activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year to best serve our children and community.
We offer a competitive compensation package including a salary above the district scale and comprehensive health benefits.
Apply Today: visit: http://uprepschool.org/careers/
As an equal opportunity employer, University Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.