Receptionist (2018-2019) (Denver, CO)
Date published: 22-May-2018
Position Summary: The U Prep Receptionist is entrusted with advancing the mission of the school through supporting essential administrative functions of the school. The Receptionist must communicate effectively with scholars, teachers, families, and school visitors as he/she supports the school in upholding all of its expectations. The Receptionist reports directly to the Dean of Operations.
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of school.
- Bilingual required (English/Spanish).
- High school diploma or equivalent (at minimum).
- Minimum of one-year office experience (2-3 years preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build meaningful relationships.
- Demonstrated track record of providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Openness to feedback, desire to continue development as a professional, and willingness to take responsibility for scholar outcomes and achievement.
- Full alignment to the mission and vision of the organization.
- Provide a five star customer service experience to create a welcoming environment for staff and families.
- Work independently and effectively in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment and juggle several projects at once with a spirit of flexibility and positive outlook.
- Support the day-to-day activities of the school and front office, serving as the main point of contact in the front office.
- Collaborate with the Operations Team to coordinate family communication, including but not limited to, weekly newsletters, text blasts, and phone calls.
- Complete daily attendance, uniform, and homework calls to families.
- Prepare and distribute daily bus lists across the school.
- Support during school wide arrival and dismissal.
- Translate written family communication and serve as interpreter at family events and/or meetings.
- Manage phones, mail, and deliveries.
- Prioritize the safety and well-being of scholars.
- Update and manage scholar records (electronic and hard copies).
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized personal workspace.
- Responsible for maintaining our school building physical environment to directly reflect our core values and mission.
- Support logistics for school activities and events in coordination with the Dean of Operations.
- Conduct uniform sales.
- Collaborate with other staff members and actively participate in all professional development and learning opportunities.
- Attend before and after school events as required.
- Complete all administrative requirements before given deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation: Pay is competitive, commensurate with experience, and includes benefits.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability