Curriculum Associate (2018-2019) (Denver, CO)
Date published: 22-May-2018
Position Summary: The Curriculum Associate is entrusted with advancing the mission of the school through research of best teaching practices, revision and editing, and writing Common Core Standards aligned curriculum in reading, writing, math, social studies, and science. The Curriculum Associate will be responsible for managing curriculum writing projects including unit plans, assessments, lesson plans, and accompanying materials. The Curriculum Associate will be held accountable by the Director of Academics in regard to his/her performance and growth.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years of previous K-5 teaching experience in literacy, math, science, and/or social studies with demonstrated success in the following:
- Strong academic student outcomes that demonstrate the closing of opportunity gaps
- Demonstrated Common Core Standards knowledge through rigorous alignment of unit plans, lesson plans, and assessment design
- Backwards planning with a clear sequence of alignment between the objective, think aloud/model, activities, and exit ticket
- Differentiation of student-facing materials based on unique student needs and considerations of students with IEPs
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Strong organizational abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others
- Highly detail oriented with exceptional follow-through
- Ability to self-direct and prioritize high volume of tasks and responsibilities during peak periods of time and throughout the school year (Estimated 55+ hour work week, work some evenings and weekends)
- Takes initiative and ownership
- Demonstrates flexibility and creative problem solving
- Open to feedback, willingness to take responsibility for outcomes
- Familiarity with the academic rigor of Achievement Network Assessments, Expeditionary Learning Curriculum in ELA, the STEP assessment, CMAS/PARCC assessments, and Engage NY Mat
- Full commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of the organization
- Plan, revise, and adapt reading, writing, math, science, and/or social studies curriculum including unit plans, assessments, lesson plans, and associated materials
- Support teachers who are curriculum planners by providing feedback, setting deadlines, and organizing materials
- Collaborate with classroom teachers to pilot lessons and assessments
- Collaborate with the Scholar Advancement Team to support differentiation of scholar materials
- Adjust curriculum based on observations, data collection on execution of the lessons, and student outcomes
- Deeply analyze Common Core State Standards for all content areas K-5 and build tools that support teachers in their understanding of the standards
- Design and execute academic content-related professional development sessions. Engage in follow up efforts with members of the leadership team to ensure successful implementation of key changes in practice.
- Design CMAS preparation and test-taking skills lesson plans and materials
- Maintain an organized lesson plan database including assessments, lesson materials, and unit plans
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Academics
Compensation: We offer a competitive compensation package including a salary above the district scale and comprehensive health benefits.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.