United Schools Network, Operations Coordinator (2018-2019) (Columbus, OH)
Date published: 8-Oct-2018
Position: Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Operations Director
The United Schools Network (USN) is a nonprofit organization that starts and manages urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college. The network includes two high-performing middle schools, and two high-performing elementary schools. We are seeking an Operations Coordinator to work with the Operations Director in providing support to the Home Office and schools.
Vision and Mission
Vision: For every child, an open door.
Mission: Transforming lives and our communities through the power of education.
- All students have the ability to achieve academic excellence.
- All students thrive in a highly disciplined school environment.
- All students must be prepared to excel in demanding high schools on their way to selective colleges.
- All students deserve outstanding teachers that produce outstanding results.
Our Students & Results
● Admission is open to all students; academic proficiency is not considered during the admissions process.
● 75% of our students are students of color and 90% are economically disadvantaged.
● USN schools serve students in grades K-8 and have a robust alumni services program.
● USN 8th graders regularly gain acceptance to the top high school programs in the city.
Joining Our Team
United Schools Network will consider hiring an Operations Coordinator who:
● Oversees the Epicenter submission portal and ensures that the network is proactively updating and creating new board policies.
● Ensures timely board approvals are received for agreements, contracts, and policies.
● Provides required information to regulatory agencies, review reports, monitor data, and co-manage site visits with schools to achieve 100 percent compliance.
● Oversees EMIS information with support and guidance from contracted EMIS Coordinator.
● Manages Home Office, and oversees school-based, inventory and capital assets tracking and reporting.
Home Office and School Management/Support
● Supports the school-based operations teams with completing compliance tasks including, but not limited to, audits from the Ohio Department of Education and the school’s sponsor, immunization reporting, FTE reviews, and school meals program reviews.
● Supports the oversight and internal auditing of data entry in EMIS/ODDEX/DASL (student information systems), and National School Lunch Program (school meals program data), with assistance from school-based operations teams.
● Supports the training of new school-based operations staff on data entry in EMIS/ODDEX/DASL.
● Coordinates with Operations Director and school leaders for new operations staff member onboarding.
● Assists the Operations Director with school-based purchase requisitions including the collection and recording of invoices and other documentation for payroll and payables processes.
Skills, Traits, and Beliefs
● USN Mission Driven: Shares a sense of urgency about achievement for ALL students and preparing every student for four-year colleges.
● Demonstrates tenacity and persistence in pursuit of solutions that maximize student achievement. Is willing to do whatever it takes to get the work done right with the right mix of confidence and humility.
● Inspires students, families, staff, and others to believe in and reflect the network’s mission, high expectations, and values.
● Demonstrates a high level of professional maturity including emotional constancy in stressful situations, ability to bring out the best in others, and acts as a positive force to motivate others.
● Collaborates with individuals at all levels of the organization to make sound decisions.
● Treats all members of the school’s community with respect and has a keen self-awareness of one’s own strengths and weaknesses.
● Carefully manages tasks and time, is well-organized, and is detail-oriented.
● Effective oral and written communication skills.
This position will begin on November 1, 2018, though applications will be considered immediately. Compensation and benefits are competitive; the Operations Coordinator will participate in Ohio’s State Teacher Retirement System or Ohio’s School Employees Retirement System. United Schools Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online at www.applitrack.com/cca/onlineapp.