United Schools Network, Office Assistant, Part-Time (2018-2019) (Columbus, OH)
Date published: 8-Oct-2018
Position: Office Assistant (part-time)
Reports to: Operations Manager
The United Schools Network (USN) is a nonprofit organization that starts and manages urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college. The network includes two high-performing middle schools, and two high-performing elementary schools. We are seeking a part-time Office Assistant to join our network at Columbus Collegiate Academy-Main St.
Vision and Mission
Vision: For every child, an open door.
Mission: Transforming lives and our communities through the power of education.
- All students have the ability to achieve academic excellence.
- All students thrive in a highly disciplined school environment.
- All students must be prepared to excel in demanding high schools on their way to selective colleges.
- All students deserve outstanding teachers that produce outstanding results.
Our Students & Results
● Admission is open to all students; academic proficiency is not considered during the admissions process.
● 75% of our students are students of color and 90% are economically disadvantaged.
● USN schools serve students in grades K-8 and have a robust alumni services program.
● USN 8th graders regularly gain acceptance to the top high school programs in the city.
Joining Our Team
United Schools Network will consider hiring a part-time Office Assistant who:
Leadership Skills and Characteristics
- Embodies, advocates, and operationalizes the school’s mission, vision, expectations, and values.
- Demonstrates a high level of professional maturity including emotional constancy in stressful situations, has an ability to bring out the best in others, is a solution seeker, and acts as a positive force to motivate others.
- Carefully manages tasks and time, is extremely well-organized, and is detail oriented.
- Works collaboratively with the leadership team and instructional staff to support the needs of all families.
- Exhibits the ability to effectively relate to, engage, and communicate with a diverse group of students and their families in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings.
- Communicates effectively in both formal and informal settings.
- Creates a neat, welcoming, and organized office environment.
- Maintains a complete set of all parent and staff forms.
- Assists with the distribution of student meals.
- Welcomes parents and visitors, maintains accurate visitor logs, and responds to visitor and parent requests in a timely fashion.
- Answers phones and redirects inquiries as appropriate, and relays messages to the correct staff.
- Executes daily homework and attendance calls.
- Processes and fulfills staff supply, copy, and other similar requests and tasks.
- Receives, distributes, and prepares incoming/outgoing mail and shipments.
- Maintains school supply closet and assists with inventory control.
- Maintains office equipment and ensures that copier machines, fax, and postage are in working order.
- Performs data entry tasks associated with the School Information System and other databases.
- Assists with student recruitment and retention.
Experience & Qualifications
Columbus Collegiate Academy will consider hiring a part-time Office Assistant who:
- Is dedicated to educational success for urban students.
- Communicates effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Has the ambition and desire to grow as a leader.
- Is open to feedback, will take personal responsibility for the operation of the school, and has the ability to learn from one's mistakes.
- Has the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines.
- Displays maturity and ability to work independently under pressure.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Has personal and professional integrity.
- Has technological proficiency using Google and Office products.
- Has at least two years of office related experience in an education agency (preferred).
- Holds a B.A./B.S. degree (preferred).
Terms of Employment
Applications for this position will be considered immediately, and the job will remain posted until filled. This is a paid, part-time position (17.5 hours per week). The Office Assistant will be eligible to participate in either Ohio’s State Teacher Retirement System or School Employee Retirement System. Columbus Collegiate Academy is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online at www.applitrack.com/cca/onlineapp.