United Schools Network, Middle School Science Teacher (2019-2020) (Columbus, OH)
Date published: 4-Jan-2019
Position: Science Teacher
Reports to: School Director
Who We Are
The United Schools Network (USN) is a nonprofit organization in Columbus, Ohio, that starts and manages urban public charter schools that close the opportunity gap. The network includes two high-performing middle schools, a high-performing elementary school, and launched a second elementary school in the fall of 2017. We are seeking a middle school Science Teacher to join our network at either Columbus Collegiate Academy-Dana Ave. or Columbus Collegiate Academy-Main St.
Vision: For every child, an open door.
Mission: Transforming lives and our communities through the power of education.
- All students have the ability to achieve academic excellence.
- All students thrive in a highly disciplined school environment.
- All students must be prepared to excel in demanding high schools on their way to selective colleges.
- All students deserve outstanding teachers that produce outstanding results.
Our Students and Results
- Admission is open to all students; academic proficiency is not considered during the admissions process.
- 75% of our students are students of color and 90% are economically disadvantaged.
- USN schools serve students in grades K-8 and have a robust alumni services program.
- USN 8th graders regularly gain acceptance to the top high school programs in the city.
Joining Our Team
Columbus Collegiate Academy will consider hiring a full-time teacher who:
- Is dedicated to educational success for all students.
- Is committed to using data-driven instructional practices and the techniques outlined in Teach Like a Champion 2.0 to improve student outcomes.
- Is relentless in writing and refining curriculum, lessons, and assessments.
- Is open and committed to implementing frequent feedback from lead teachers and school leaders.
- Communicates effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Holds a B.A./B.S. degree and the appropriate teaching license.
- Has demonstrated student achievement results in an urban school (preferred).
- Completes other duties as assigned by the School Director.
This position will begin on July 22, 2019, though applications will be considered immediately. Compensation and benefits are competitive; teachers are eligible to participate in Ohio’s State Teacher Retirement System. Columbus Collegiate Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online at www.applitrack.com/cca/onlineapp.