United Schools Network, Middle School Intervention Specialist (2019-2020) (Columbus, OH)
Date published: 4-Jan-2019
Position: Intervention Specialist
Reports to: School Director
Who We Are
The United Schools Network (USN) is a nonprofit organization in Columbus, Ohio, that starts and manages urban public charter schools that close the opportunity gap. The network includes two high-performing middle schools, a high-performing elementary school, and launched a second elementary school in the fall of 2017. We are seeking an elementary school Intervention Specialist to join our network at either United Preparatory Academy-Main St. or United Preparatory Academy-State St.
Vision: For every child, an open door.
Mission: Transforming lives and our communities through the power of education.
- We hold high academic and behavioral expectations to ensure the growth of every student.
- We engage and grow competent and experienced school leadership and staff.
- We offer a rigorous academic program with intentional student supports and a comprehensive character education program.
- We provide clear standards, research-proven curriculum, and frequent assessment.
- We are a mission-driven school community.
Our Students and Results
- Admission is open to all students; academic proficiency is not considered during the admissions process.
- 75% of our students are students of color and 90% are economically disadvantaged.
- USN schools serve students in grades K-8 and have a robust alumni services program.
- USN 8th graders regularly gain acceptance to the top high school programs in the city.
Joining Our Team
United Preparatory Academy will consider hiring a full-time Intervention Specialist who:
- Is dedicated to educational success for all students.
- Is committed to using data-driven instructional practices and the techniques outlined in Teach Like a Champion 2.0 to improve student outcomes.
- Develops and implements an Individualized Education Program for each student, complimentary to his or her educational strengths and needs as defined through the evaluation and IEP process.
- Is relentless in writing and refining curriculum, lessons, and assessments.
- Is open and committed to implementing frequent feedback from lead teachers and school leaders.
- Communicates effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Holds a B.A./B.S. degree and the appropriate teaching license.
- Has demonstrated student achievement results in an urban school (preferred).
- Completes other duties as assigned by the School Director.
This position will begin on July 22, 2019, though applications will be considered immediately. Compensation and benefits are competitive; teachers are eligible to participate in Ohio’s State Teacher Retirement System. United Preparatory Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply online at www.applitrack.com/cca/onlineapp.