United Schools Network, Development Manager - Data and Reporting (2018-2019) (Columbus, OH)
Date published: 10-Sep-2018
The United Schools Network (USN) is a nonprofit organization that starts and manages urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college. The network includes two high-performing middle schools and two high-performing elementary schools. We are seeking a Development Manager to join our network. The Development Manager is a full-time position designed to capture and organize data and analyze trends to guide the activities of the development team. The meticulously organized Development Manager ensures that financial controls are met, that records of funds held at USN and at The Columbus Foundation are impeccable, and that the team makes data-driven decisions. The Development Manager reports regularly to and is evaluated by the Development Director.
Vision & Mission
Vision: For every child, an open door.
Mission: Transforming lives and our communities through the power of education.
- All students have the ability to achieve academic excellence.
- All students thrive in a highly disciplined school environment.
- All students must be prepared to excel in demanding high schools on their way to selective colleges.
- All students deserve outstanding teachers that produce outstanding results.
Our Students and Results
● Admission is open to all students; academic proficiency is not considered during the admissions process.
● 75% of our students are students of color and 90% are economically disadvantaged.
● USN schools serve students in grades K-8 and have a robust alumni services program.
● USN 8th graders regularly gain acceptance to the top high school programs in the city.
Data Entry and Acknowledgement
● Enters all pledges, payments, gifts, and credits into Donor Perfect on a daily basis
● Generates donor acknowledgment letters within 48 hours of receiving a gift or pledge
● Documents event RSVPs, volunteer hours, contact notes, and other data points needed
● Manages the matching gift process with participating companies
● Manages third-party payment entry and processing
● Manages the receipt, tracking, and reporting of funds held at The Columbus Foundation
Data Management and Analysis
● Establishes and documents gift entry and reporting protocols in operating manuals
● Pulls and analyzes donor and volunteer lists needed for mailings, solicitations, events, committees, and recognition
● Pulls weekly and monthly reports for internal review and distribution
● Analyzes donor retention rates and average gift sizes by segment and donor type on a regular basis
● Looks for trends in data to inform development strategy and planning
● Generates LYBUNT, SYBUNT, and top 25 donor reports quarterly
● Oversees upgrades for and training of Donor Perfect
● Assesses the need for Donor Perfect modules and add-ons
Reporting and Reporting
● Tracks and reports the development team annual, capital, event, and campaign budgets, and ensures all financial controls are met
● Manages the development team operating budget, including submitting purchase requisitions, procuring items, and tracking purchases
● Works collaboratively to ensure grant budgets are tracked properly for reporting and reimbursements
● Works with finance team to manage and meet all audit and compliance requirements
● Reconciles development records with finance team on a regular basis
● Assists colleagues, cross-trains on systems, and supports the goals of the department and network
● Works in a manner consistent with mission, vision, and values of USN
● Attends conferences and seminars, studies best practices, participates in professional organizations, and shares knowledge with colleagues in the department and network
Other duties as assigned by the Development Director.
· This description is representative of the position requirements and is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Joining Our Team
United Schools Network will consider hiring a full time Development Manager - Data and Reporting with the following characteristics:
Skills, Traits, and Beliefs
● Demonstrates personal commitment to and enthusiasm for USN’s mission and financial success.
● Capacity to work well in a team environment or independently, and to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
● Openness to feedback, a willingness to take personal responsibility for the affairs of the network, and the ability to learn from one’s mistakes.
● Exceptional organizational and budgetary skills; able to articulate trends and provide recommendations based on data.
● Personal and professional integrity with willingness to abide by the Donor Bill of Rights, the AFP code of Ethics, and the Development Team Vision, Mission, and Core Values.
● Technological proficiency in Google, Microsoft Office, and DonorPerfect or comparable CRM.
● Bachelor’s degree required.
● 3-5 years of experience in non-profit development or related field preferred.
Compensation and benefits are competitive; the Development Director will participate in Ohio’s State Educators Retirement System. United Schools Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer.