The Prep Schools, Middle School Science Teacher (IMMEDIATE OPENING) (2018-2019) (Cleveland, OH)
Date published: 15-Mar-2018
The Prep Schools in Cleveland, OH have an immediate opening for a Middle School Science Teacher committed to urban education to join our team at the E Prep Woodland Hills school campus. The Prep Schools are part of the Breakthrough Schools network. Breakthrough Schools is Cleveland's highest rated network of public charter schools. Our Preparatory model (K-8) has motivating school wide routines that create a culture where scholars believe they will succeed. Every teacher, student and staff member commits to giving 100% in everything they do and focus on putting students on a path to college.
Teaching at The Prep Schools is a rewarding experience where you will work on a staff dedicated to making an impact on the lives of Cleveland students. As a teacher, you will hold primary responsibility for the development and implementation of your school’s curriculum and the success of your students. Since teachers play such an important role in student achievement, we provide opportunities for teachers to grow as professionals and build leadership skills to expand their impact in the classroom and within their school or the Breakthrough network.
- Support the school's mission, philosophies, values, goals, and policies toward students, parents/guardians and coworkers.
- Design and effectively deliver developmentally appropriate curriculum and instruction which reflects observations and goals of individual children.
- Establish a classroom culture of high expectations that includes college preparation for all students.
- Work with the faculty and school leadership to frequently examine student data for ongoing refinement of instruction and assessment.
- Share best practices with other teachers and collaborate with them to improve instructional and assessment practices.
- Facilitate regular parent/guardian communications and conferences to discuss student progress.
- Keep the classroom environment organized, attractive and safe.
- Interact frequently and respectfully with students.
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS OF A SUCCESSFUL BREAKTHROUGH TEACHER:
- Passionate about urban education and our mission
- Highly qualified in content area and/or grade level
- Uses data to drive instruction
- Maintain a professional attitude
- Receptive to feedback and desire to grow professionally
- Has the work ethic and desire to go above and beyond
- Highly organized
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree
- Valid OH teaching certificate/license or must be in the process of obtaining a valid OH teaching certificate/license in subject area to be taught
Compensation packages are competitive and commensurate with experience. Breakthrough Charter Schools offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision, life and disability coverage. Employees are also eligible to participate in the Ohio STRS or SERS (state retirement system).