Excel Academy Charter Schools, Special Projects Manager (2018-2019) (Boston, MA)
Date published: 2-Nov-2018
Organization: Excel Academy Charter Schools
Job Title: Special Projects Manager
Campus/Location: Excel Academy High School
Reports to: Dean of Operations
Excel Academy Charter Schools is a growing network of high-performing, no-excuses charter schools in Boston dedicated to closing the achievement gap in the Boston area. The network currently operates three middle schools in East Boston and Chelsea and will be launching its first high school in fall 2015. For 6 years in a row, Excel 8th graders have been the top-performers of all 460 Massachusetts public school districts on the MCAS exams. The high school will build upon Excel Academy’s track record of success, providing a free college-preparatory high school option for all Excel middle school graduates.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Special Projects Manager will report directly to the Dean of Operations (DOS) and will support the DOS on a day-to-day basis across a broad range of functional areas of responsibility, with a particular emphasis on school-wide operations. Through this work, the Special Projects Manager will gain deep exposure to the complexities of operating a high school. This position provides a unique opportunity for an individual with superior critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills to play a central role in supporting the advancement of the high school’s priorities.
Roles and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the primary owner of all field trips, including arranging transportation, admission, and coordinating waivers and permission slips]
- Manage the logistics for senior-year activities, large-scale school events, and graduation
- Coordinate quarterly parent-teacher conferences, including managing the logistics and outreach
- Support with staff appreciation events throughout the year
- Troubleshoot with external service providers as needed and oversee their work when necessary
School Operations Projects and Communication
- Manage administrative responsibilities including preparing and maintaining student files and generating progress reports and transcripts
- Develop school-based marketing and messaging materials for visitors, teacher recruits, and families
- Manage enrollment processes for all new students
- Manage collection of all compliance documents and enrollment files for incoming, current, and transferring students and work with district office to ensure enrollment records are accurate and up to date
- Support the planning and execution of all open house and enrollment events
- Support the DOO in coordinating logistics for all standardized assessments (AP, ACCESS, PSAT, SAT, ACT, MCAS), as well as testing logistics for quarterly Interim Assessments
- Create schedules for all candidates who have on-site interviews
- Greet candidates, provide tours to candidates, and manage all logistics of the hiring process
- Bachelor’s degree or higher;
- At least two years of experience in an urban public district or charter high school preferred, but not required;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Systematic and structured approach to project management with a demonstrated ability to carry out multiple high-priority projects in parallel;
- Excellent computer skills especially related to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of constituents including students, parents, colleagues and community members;
- Detailed-oriented nature;
- Project management experience preferred;
- Spanish Fluency Preferred;
- Belief that every student should be held to the highest academic and behavioral expectations;
- Understanding that a structured environment is essential for learning; and
- Openness to change, willingness to problem-solve, and interest in developing new ideas & programs.
Excel provides a competitive compensation package that includes benefits and is commensurate with experience.
Would you like to apply to this job?
Please visitto apply. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Excel Academy Charter Schools do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, ancestry, athletic performance, special need, proficiency in the English language or a foreign language or prior academic achievement.