Democracy Prep, Principal (Baton Rouge, LA) (2018-2019)
Baton Rouge, LA
Date published: 21-Nov-2017
Who You Are
- A leader and education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- Innate or highly developed ability to set vision across an entire school and motivate others towards achieving the vision.
- Have a clear track record of raising student achievement in an urban classroom for at least four years.
- An expert at translating academics standards and state assessment requirements into effective instructional design.
- Demonstrated success in building and developing the leadership capacity in others.
- Excellent writer and skilled orator – ability to easily connect with students, families, and staff and effectively tailor communication to multiple stakeholder groups.
- Adept at data analysis; ability to extract meaningful insights across school wide data.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program, Master's degree preferred.
What You’ll Do
- Oversee a Democracy Prep campus and serve as its educational leader, charged with shaping the instructional vision and school culture.
- Establish and promote a positive culture of high expectations, continuous improvement, and a relentless focus on academic achievement for scholars and staff.
- Drive the instructional programs of the school: provide targeted coaching and professional development for teachers, evaluate and set goals for teachers, review lesson plans, and model effective instructional strategies.
- Manage, evaluate, and implement clear and effective procedures for the operation and functioning of the school including instructional programs, extracurricular activities, and discipline systems.
- Actively monitor student and staff growth through collection of formal and informal data; use data to inform short and long term strategic plan of the school.
- Establish the annual master schedule for instructional programs, ensuring sequential learning experiences for scholars consistent with the school’s instructional goals.
- Plan and execute weekly staff professional development that improves teacher practice and scholar achievement
Salary is commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.