Democracy Prep, Assistant Principal (Baton Rouge, LA) (2018-2019)
Baton Rouge, LA
Date published: 21-Nov-2017
Who You Are
- A leader and education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- Have a clear track record of raising student achievement in an urban classroom for at least two years.
- Proven teacher leader with experience leading or coaching adults as grade level leader, content area lead, or other campus-based leadership role.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program.
What You’ll Do
- Work collaboratively with the school leader in support of the attainment of campus-specific goals and initiatives.
- Provide strong instructional coaching to teachers that moves the needle on scholar achievement; evaluating lesson plans, observing classes, and leading professional development on a regular basis.
- In collaboration with the school leader, manage student disciplinary issues, oversee the organization of school-wide events, and support the school leader in all issues relating to the successful operation of the school.
- Assist in managing, evaluating, and implementing clear and effective procedures for the operation and functioning of the school including instructional programs, extracurricular activities, advisory and Town Hall programming, and discipline systems.
- Support teachers and staff in the analysis and use of data to drive instruction.
Salary is commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.