Alpha Public Schools, Director of Strategy (2017-2018) (San Jose, CA)
San Jose, CA
Date published: 28-Jul-2017
We believe that all children have a fundamental right to an excellent education. Alpha Public Schools will ensure that all of our scholars develop the academic skills and leadership habits required to succeed in college and live with integrity.
Director of Strategy, Office of the CEO
Do you have the ability to anticipate the opportunities and challenges that lie beyond the horizon? Are you really good at translating your big ideas into digestible pieces, so that they are easily understood by others? Are you influential and disciplined enough to make sure the most important work gets done, driving teams closer and closer to fulfilling their mission?
If so, Alpha’s founding strategy role may be just what you’re looking for. As the Director of Strategy, you will join the senior leadership team, charting Alpha’s future course and amplifying its impact. Alpha is at a critical moment – still fiercely entrepreneurial while in the process of building the structures and systems that will support further scaling. You will play a major role in this work.
What you’ll do…
- Create an annual planning process that allocates resources in the best interest of our scholars
- Lead the execution of this process and monthly progress monitoring, with support from the CEO and COO
- Own a handful of critical strategic projects within any 6-month period
- Develop strategic plans for both internal and external-facing work, including future growth
- Support the CEO in preparation for quarterly Alpha Public Schools Board meetings and special projects, as requested
You are good at…
- Project Management: Construct a work plan and manage a team toward completion by monitoring and communicating progress and troubleshooting obstacles
- Research and Analysis: Gather and review internal and external data; scope and conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Synthesis: Develop and assess alternatives, extract insights, and help build the case for final recommendations and associated action plans
You really set yourself apart by being…
- A dynamic communicator who can tell stories, convey data, and inspire action to a diverse range of audiences using a variety of media and techniques
- Genuine, humble, and passionate
Alpha Public Schools is a network of four high-performing public charter schools founded by a group of East San José mothers dedicated to helping transform their community. We have a strong growth mindset – as individuals, as an organization, and on behalf of our students and families. We want to be better tomorrow than we are today.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
Salary is competitive and compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!