Vista College Prep, 6th Grade ELA & Social Studies (2018-2019) (Phoenix, AZ)
Date published: 4-Dec-2017
Vista College Prep is seeking elementary and middle school teachers for the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 school years.
Vista College Prep elementary teachers are committed to closing the achievement gap. Vista College Prep is a high-performing network of charter schools in Phoenix, AZ with a strong commitment to upholding the highest academic expectations for all students. When Vista College Prep’s 3rd grade scholars took the AZMerit for the first time, they outperformed their peers across Arizona by 56% in literacy and 24% in math. Among schools serving populations with over 90% of students qualifying for free and reduced price lunch, they also scored the highest in the state on the literacy portion of the AZMerit. 97% of VCP scholars qualify for free and reduced price lunch. Additionally, among schools with at least 60% of students qualifying for free and reduced price lunch, VCP scholars scored in the top 5% of schools statewide in both literacy and math.
Vista College Prep is not only a great place for students, but it’s a great place to be an educator, too. VCP offers strong and intentional professional development for teachers and leaders, and have had almost 100% teacher retention. The staff at Vista College Prep firmly believes in strong parent and family engagement and enjoys an average nearly 100% parent participation at every parent teacher school night.
Learn more about Vista College Prep here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiJ9-aP2KV4&t=114s and here: www.vistacollegeprep.org.
Responsibilities of Elementary School Teachers:
- Develop and implement rigorous, standards-aligned lesson plans targeted with an end goal of student performance at or above grade level expectations;
- Teach and maintain school-wide systems, rules and consequences, and rewards;
- Participate in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and school-wide functions;
- Communicate effectively and proactively with students and families;
- Analyze student achievement data collaboratively with colleagues to critically and strategically respond to the learning needs of students;
- Work to continuously improve effectiveness in all instructional practices, using school’s teacher performance rubric as a guide;
- Communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues;
- Be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards; and,
- Participate in annual three-week staff training.
Ideal Candidates Will Also Possess the Following Qualifications:
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects
- Track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains or comparable results in their current field;
- Ability to approach situations with optimism and perseverance;
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills;
- Highly Qualified;
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree;
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in urban public school setting preferred, but not required;
- SEI endorsed; and,
- Valid fingerprint clearance card.
We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive health benefits. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including relevant and quality professional development, laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies. Teachers never have to purchase any of their own supplies.
About Vista College Prep:
Vista College Prep is a high-performing K-6 tuition-free, public charter school educating a high minority and low-income student population. We firmly believe that demographics does not determine destiny and that all students should have access to an excellent education. Learn more at www.vistacollegeprep.org.
As an equal opportunity employer, Vista College Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.