Phoenix Collegiate Academy, Interim Elementary School Principal (2017-2018) (Phoenix, AZ)
Date published: 13-Sep-2017
Phoenix Collegiate Academy Inc. serves the students of the South Mountain Village area. Our mission is to prepare all students to succeed in college and be leaders in our community. We know that rigorous academics, a structured environment, and the highest of expectations will ensure the students we are serving will achieve that mission. Our core values of perseverance, respect, integrity, discipline and excellence will guide the extremely important work we do.
The Interim Elementary School Principal (K-4) will oversee the strategic planning and execution of our School Improvement Plan. They will direct the day-to-day instructional and cultural operations of Phoenix Collegiate Academy Elementary School and ensure we are successful in achieving our mission with all students. The selected candidate in this role will serve as our Interim Principal at least through December 22, 2017 and potentially through May 25, 2018.
Characteristics and Qualifications
- An understanding of Phoenix Collegiate Academy’s mission and unwavering commitment to fulfill it no matter what it takes.
- A belief that all students can achieve at high academic levels regardless of demographics or background.
- A respect for/experience with students and families in similar communities.
- A high level of personal integrity, professionalism and drive to continuously improve.
- Ability to craft and share a vision for the school in a manner that is compelling to others.
- Disciplined time management, planning and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other people in all forms.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience coaching and evaluating adults highly preferred.
- Successful teaching experience required, preferably at the K-4 grade levels.
- An exceptionally strong understanding of developmental reading is required.
- Spanish speaking candidates preferred.
- Ensure achievement and compliance in all operational & instructional programs within a budget.
- Hire and vet teachers; conduct teacher performance evaluations.
- Conduct professional development, individual coaching and instructional meetings for all staff.
- Commitment to supervising additional programs beyond the regular school day.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with families and staff.
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!