Crescent City Schools, Student Support Coordinator (2017-2018) (New Orleans, LA)
New Orleans, LA
Date published: 14-Apr-2017
Crescent City Schools is seeking a talented and driven individual to work full-time at Akili Academy as a Student Support Coordinator. The Student Support Coordinator works with a team of three to ensure the systems and policies for school culture and behavior are implemented effectively.
The Student Support Coordinator is responsible for:
- Collaborating and working with student support team to help students maintain high behavior expectations
- Teaching students positive behavior and coping skills
- Building effective relationships with students and families and professionally communicating with families to encourage behavior changes at school
- Responding with urgency to student support needs
- Removing disruptive students quickly and without escalation from classroom
- Monitoring the TimeOut Center so students have a calm and orderly place to redirect themselves
- Collaborating with teachers and school leadership to ensure the effectiveness of the TimeOut Center
- Supporting teachers in their classrooms to help students maintain high behavior expectations
- Monitoring hallways, lunchroom, and recess and supervising after school detention
- Participating in daily weekly, and quarterly meetings about student achievement
- Integrating weekly feedback and goal-setting into daily practice
- Participating in the life of the school, including student activities and events
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Demonstrate past success working with students in urban settings and those with difficult behavioral needs
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team
- Professional demeanor and a desire to have fun while working hard
- Knowledge of behavior intervention best practices
- Bachelors degree preferred
About Crescent City Schools
Now in our sixth year as a nonprofit Charter Management Organization, our mission is to support and develop open enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. As a part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8 open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman Charter School, serving 620 students located in the Algiers neighborhood; Akili Academy, serving 560 students in the Upper 9th Ward; and Paul Habans Charter School, serving 630 students located in Algiers. Each of our schools provides students personalized learning and enrichment programs, focusing on civic engagement, sports and recreation, the arts, and academic achievement. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer an amazing benefits package.
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!