Crescent City Schools, PE Teacher (2017-2018) (New Orleans, LA)
New Orleans, LA
Date published: 14-Apr-2017
We are currently seeking a talented PreK-8 Physical Education teacher to join our team.
PE Teachers at Crescent City Schools are responsible for:
- Delivering instruction in the classroom and raising student achievement
- Promoting the mission and values of the school through the teaching of physical education and health
- Long-term unit planning and daily lesson planning
- Collaborating with grade level and subject level teams and student support staff
- Participating in daily, weekly, and quarterly meetings about student achievement
- Integrating weekly feedback and goal-setting into lesson delivery
- Maintaining a classroom culture conducive to raising student achievement
- Communicating with parents and/or guardians about student progress
- Participating in the life of the school, including student activities and events
- Taking on other tasks, as needed
- Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
- Demonstrate past success working with students in urban settings
- Have a BA or BS degree
- Possess LA Teacher Certification (or equivalent certification in another state) or be enrolled in a certification program with successful passage of the required Praxis exams
About Crescent City Schools
Now in our sixth year as a nonprofit Charter Management Organization, our mission is to support and develop open enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. As a part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three Pre-K through 8th grade open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman Charter School, serving 623 students located in the Algiers neighborhood; Akili Academy, serving 550 students in the Upper 9th Ward; and Paul Habans Charter School, serving 630 students, also in Algiers. Each of our schools provides students personalized learning and enrichment programs, focusing on civic engagement, sports and recreation, the arts, and academic achievement. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer an amazing benefits package.
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!