Crescent City Schools, Lead Teacher for the Aurora Program (2017-2018) (New Orleans, LA)
New Orleans, LA
Date published: 14-Apr-2017
Crescent City Schools is seeking a talented individual to run a self-contained classroom (1:8) of lower elementary school students as a lead teacher.
About the Aurora Program
Over the next several years, Crescent City Schools will create several alternative programs for scholars in order to ensure that all of them can maximize their potential. The Aurora Program, which opened in August 2016, uses an intimate setting to develop the academic and social skills of K-4 students.
The Lead Teacher for the Aurora Program is responsible for:
● Achieving significant improvement in academic performance of students with exceptionalities
● Providing instruction in small and large groups
● Using data to track student achievement
● Developing IEPs to promote students’ academic, physical, and social development
● Developing FBAs and BIPs as needed to address students’ behavioral and social needs
● Participating in daily, weekly, and quarterly meetings about student achievement
● Integrating weekly feedback and goal-setting into lesson delivery
● Willingness to be CPI trained
● After CPI training, implementing de-escalation techniques when working with students, as required
● After being trained in CPI, may be required to restrain a student
● Participating in the life of the school, including student activities and events
● Believe in the mission and values of Crescent City Schools
● Demonstrate past success working with students in urban settings
● Have a BA or BS degree
● Possess LA Teacher Certification (or equivalent certification in another state) or be enrolled in a certification program with successful passage of the required Praxis exams
● Knowledge of behavioral interventions a plus
● Bilingual a plus
About Crescent City Schools
Now in our sixth year as a nonprofit Charter Management Organization, our mission is to support and develop open enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. As a part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8 open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman Charter School, serving 620 students located in the Algiers neighborhood; Akili Academy, serving 560 students in the Upper 9th Ward; and Paul Habans Charter School, serving 630 students located in Algiers. Each of our schools provides students personalized learning and enrichment programs, focusing on civic engagement, sports and recreation, the arts, and academic achievement. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer an amazing benefits package.
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!