Crescent City Schools, IT and Ops Coordinator (2017-2018) (New Orleans, LA)
New Orleans, LA
Date published: 14-Apr-2017
Crescent City Schools is seeking a talented and driven individual to join our team as the IT and Operations Coordinator. Operations and technology are at the nerve center of a smooth running school. It is a very high priority for the school's leadership to have members of the operations team deeply committed to serving the needs of teachers with a great sense of urgency.
The IT and Ops Coordinator will assist the Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) and is responsible for:
- Management and help desk support for all end-user technology at the school site (computers, cell phones, Promethean Boards, projectors, document cameras, software, copiers)
- Management of network infrastructure, including physical and virtual servers, switches, WLAN controllers, and wireless access points (training will be provided, if necessary)
- Training staff and teachers in technology use
- Participating in the development and execution of the school’s long-term technology plans
- Oversight of student transportation (bus routing and maintaining student transportation updates)
- Assistance to the Data Manager with testing procedures, logistics and security
- Coordination in the preparation and submission of meal data for federal reimbursements
- Support event coordination and other special projects as assigned by DFO
- This position is an entry level position. It will involve occasional weekend and evening work - depending upon the time of year and technology/operations issues.
- Strong problem solving skills and a drive to learn
- Proficient in Windows, iOS and Mac operating systems
- Proficient in hardware configuration and troubleshooting
- Some technical knowledge of enterprise network configurations; Google Apps for Education; and hardware & software used in schools
- Strong organizational skills, including the use of spreadsheets and other tools to manage logistics
- Effective communication skills
- An ability to work well within a team environment
- A strong service-oriented mindset
- An ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- A willingness to "do what needs to be done" to deliver a project on time
- Strongly desired but not required:
- Undergraduate college degree preferred, but not necessary
- Technical knowledge of the following: Windows Server 2012, Hyper-V, DNS, DHCP, IIS 8.0, PHP, Active Directory management, Google Apps management, Cisco Management Consoles, Adobe Creative Suite
About Crescent City Schools
Now in our sixth year as a nonprofit Charter Management Organization, our mission is to support and develop open enrollment charter schools that raise student achievement and prepare students for college. As a part of the ongoing effort to rebuild New Orleans public schools, Crescent City Schools currently operates three PreK-8 open-enrollment charter schools: Harriet Tubman Charter School, serving 620 students located in the Algiers neighborhood; Akili Academy, serving 560 students in the Upper 9th Ward; and Paul Habans Charter School, serving 630 students located in Algiers. Each of our schools provides students personalized learning and enrichment programs, focusing on civic engagement, sports and recreation, the arts, and academic achievement. Our organization creates life-changing educational experiences for students and, through this work, transforms a city.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
We offer an amazing benefits package.
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!