RePublic Schools, High School Teacher (2017-2018) (Nashville, TN)
Date published: 27-Oct-2016
RePublic Schools is a network of high-performing public charter schools based in Nashville, TN and Jackson, MS with a mission to reimagine public education in the South and prepare all of our scholars to graduate from college. In addition to providing a world-class traditional academic curriculum, we empower our students to be change-makers by teaching them to code – starting in the 5th grade.
Despite the fact that our scholars come from traditionally underserved communities (approximately 85% identify as low-income, and nearly 95% as students of color), we have seen them defy the odds to achieve outstanding results. RePublic’s schools have scored in the top 5% of all open-enrollment public schools across the state of Tennessee for both student growth and absolute achievement – making ours the first (and only) charter schools in state history to achieve this dual distinction.
At RePublic, we cultivate a cohesive community of families, staff, and scholars committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure our scholars succeed. We are looking for dynamic, determined High School Teachers to lock arms with our school team at RePublic High School for the 2017-2018 school year. Candidates must share our unwavering belief that all children can achieve at high levels and change the world. Sound like you?
Who You Are
What You’ll Do
- Bring it.
- Own your content.
- Deliver strong.
- Reach higher – and sweat the small stuff.
- Never stop growing. ;
- Spread the love. Build deep relationships with students, families, and staff to foster a culture of joy and community. Maintain strong lines of communication with families about student progress, and go above and beyond to support and
The Fine Print
- Qualifications/Certification. All candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree is preferred. All full-time RePublic teachers must have a valid Tennessee teaching license, or willingness/eligibility to pursue state certification, if necessary. Expertise and passion for content area is a must.
- Prior Experience. Prior experience teaching, experience teaching in a low-income community, and a demonstrated ability to raise achievement levels of traditionally underserved students are highly preferred.
- Placement. High School Teachers will teach Literature, Chemistry, Mathematics (Algebra, Geometry, Pre-Calculus), AP United States History, Latin, Physical Education, or Computer Science to 9th-11th graders. Teachers will be placed at RePublic High School in Nashville.
- Compensation. Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience. Compensation at RePublic includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!