RePublic Schools is a network of high-performing public charter schools based in Nashville, TN and Jackson, MS with a mission to reimagine public education in the South and prepare all of our scholars to graduate from college. In addition to providing a world-class traditional academic curriculum, we empower our students to be change-makers by teaching them to code – starting in the 5th grade.
Despite the fact that our scholars come from traditionally underserved communities (approximately 85% identify as low-income, and nearly 95% as students of color), we have seen them defy the odds to achieve outstanding results. RePublic’s schools have scored in the top 5% of all open-enrollment public schools across the state of Tennessee for both student growth and absolute achievement – making ours the first (and only) charter schools in state history to achieve this dual distinction.
At RePublic, we cultivate a cohesive community of families, staff, and scholars committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure our scholars succeed. We are looking for an ambitious, determined Director of Personalized Learning to help lead our network’s first, groundbreaking high school, RePublic High School, in Nashville, TN for the 2016-2017 school year. Candidates must share our unwavering belief that all children can achieve at high levels and change the world. Sound like you?
What You’ll Do
One of the greatest challenges facing education is lack of access to the technological resources needed to drive student growth and results. Facebook, Apple, Instagram, and Xbox Live — all brands that many of our students encounter on a near daily basis. In our increasingly gamified world, the experience inside the classroom should enthrall students just as much, if not more, than their experiences outside of the school day. By maximizing our ability to hone in on individual student need, skill, and interest for maximum life success and happiness, the Director of Personalized Learning will create a truly revolutionary model for our scholars that redesigns learning.
Reporting to the Principal, RePublic High School’s Director of Personalized Learning will work with school and network leaders to set the vision for and drive initial iterations of RePublic's work in personalized learning. The Director of Personalized Learning is charged with managing the creation of a game-changing personalized learning platform that will propel RePublic High School students into the 21st Century.
- Work with the Principal of RHS and network leaders (Chief Executive Officer, Chief Information Officer) to set a vision for personalized learning at RePublic High School for 2016-17 and beyond.
- Work with RHS team to identify needs for student software to drive a personalized approach to internalization of content and pace of student progress/mastery.
- Manage a personalized learning software developer in the creation of RePublic's personalized learning platform and oversee the beta testing of this new personalized learning platform during the 2016-2017 school year.
- Conduct the deep textual and field research necessary for groundbreaking innovation, which includes visits to pathbreaking schools and collaboration with forward-thinking partners
- Oversee the roll-out of personalized learning platform to all RHS students during the 2017-2018 school year.
Who You Are
Our ideal Director of Personalized Learning will have an unwavering belief that our students can achieve at an exceptionally high level. Beyond that, a successful candidate will have:
- At least 2 years teaching experience preferred with demonstrated track record of high student achievement;
- Experience working with organizations or teams doing cutting-edge work in the realm of personalized learning;
- An entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong desire to do something that has not yet been done before;
- Experience thriving in (and desire to be in) a role that was new or not yet completely defined, and/or in growing, start-up organizations;
- Experience setting a vision, strategy, and direction for a project that has not yet been pursued;
- A proven record of successfully leading complex projects that involve multiple stakeholders to execution;
- A strong ability to multi-task and to prioritize effectively, and to develop systems to keep self and others organized;
- Ability to solve complex problems analytically and enthusiastically;
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write clearly, succinctly and persuasively;
- A track record of excellence in K-12 education;
- Bachelor’s degree with a preference for a graduate degree in a related field; and
- Passionate belief in RePublic’s mission, values, and educational model.
Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience. Compensation at RePublic includes a comprehensive benefits package.