RePublic Schools is a network of high-performing public charter schools based in Nashville, TN and Jackson, MS with a mission to reimagine public education in the South and prepare all of our scholars to graduate from college. In addition to providing a world-class traditional academic curriculum, we empower our students to be change-makers by teaching them to code – starting in the 5th grade.
Despite the fact that our scholars come from traditionally underserved communities (approximately 85% identify as low-income, and nearly 95% as students of color), we have seen them defy the odds to achieve outstanding results. RePublic’s schools have scored in the top 5% of all open-enrollment public schools across the state of Tennessee for both student growth and absolute achievement – making ours the first (and only) charter schools in state history to achieve this dual distinction.
At RePublic, we cultivate a cohesive community of families, staff, and scholars committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure our scholars succeed. We are looking for a dynamic, determined Director of Operations to lock arms with our school teams in Nashville, TN for the 2016-2017 school year. Candidates must share our unwavering belief that all children can achieve at high levels and change the world. Sound like you?
An Operational Mastermind
At RePublic, we cultivate a cohesive community of families, staff, and scholars committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure our scholars succeed. We are looking for a dynamic, determined Director of Operations In-Residence (DOO I-R) to lock arms with our school teams in Nashville for the 2016-2017 school year.
Do you have what it takes to run the day-to-day operations of a high-performing school? After being a DOO In-residence you will. As the DOO I-R you will spend a year learning while leading -- preparing you to create and maintain all crucial non-instructional systems that enable our schools to run smoothly and efficiently. The DOO I-R will report directly to our Director of Network Operations and work with our regional operations team.
RePublic’s DOO I-R will train alongside our DOOs as they manage our schools -- giving them great insight into what means to be an operational mastermind. DOOs are responsible for the organization and management of fiscal services, state and federal grant reporting, human resources, risk management, facilities planning and development, maintenance and operations, transportation, technology, vendor relationships, student enrollment data, and compliance with staff.
Who You Are
- A steadfast believer that all students can achieve academic excellence
- A growth-minded tinkerer who is constantly learning, improving, and hungry for feedback
- A gritty problem-solver who approaches challenges with smart solutions in mind
- A detail maven who plans backwards to meet timelines and manage complex projects
- A laser-focused organizer who builds airtight systems and processes that endure over time
- An eternal optimist who supports and motivates your teammates by having their back
- A proactive communicator who reaches out to students, families, and teammates
- A life-long learner who is ready to hit the ground running and devour knowledge in pursuit of becoming the best DOO for kids
What You’ll Do
- Bring it. Have stamina and the ability to set and achieve ambitious goals, and handle the intensity required to bring your best self to an extended school day in a very high-performing school environment.
- Learn from RePublic Schools’ Director of Network Operations and Director of Operations as they
- Develop and oversee school operations. Develop systems and procedures to ensure seamless execution of all school operations each day, including, but not limited to, school food provision, transportation (arrival and dismissal), emergency plans, facility maintenance and upkeep, and supply and asset inventory and maintenance (technology, books, classroom supplies, ).
- Manage student data and compliance. Manage the school registration process; own student recruitment activities (with support of the network team) to ensure schools are fully enrolled; serve as resident expert on the student information system and ensures accuracy of this system; supports implementation of school schedule; and ensure the school is adhering to all local/state compliance and reporting requirements.
- Manage school finance and accounting. Actively manage the school budget throughout the year by participating in monthly budget meetings to review budget variances and actively monitor school spending; manage the school purchasing process by establishing clear systems for staff to request items, placing orders with vendors, tracking delivery, and coding and submitting purchases orders, invoices, and reimbursement requests to the network team.
- Provide school based academic support. Work with school leadership team to manage logistical elements of major student assessments; support logistics of school-wide events and off-site events, including field trips, Family Nights, and New Student Orientations.
- Support school-level human resources. Partner with network operations team to onboard new hires and to ensure teachers meet compliance and certification requirements; manage and coach the school-based Operations Team to excellence.
- Never stop growing. Offer and receive constructive feedback from colleagues in order to create a professional working atmosphere that aspires to excellence and is conducive to constant improvement; dive humbly into school-wide and individual professional development, including pre-service training over the summer and weekly sessions during the academic year.
- Spread the love. Build deep relationships with students, families, and staff to foster a culture of joy and community. Go above and beyond to support and collaborate closely with teammates in the united pursuit of RePublic’s mission.
- Sweat the small stuff. Develop, uphold, and implement RePublic’s values, policies, and systems to empower students to meet sky-high academic and behavioral expectations.
The Fine Print
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or graduate degree preferred.
- Prior Experience. 3-7 years prior work experience preferred – in business or operations management a plus. Experience working with traditionally underserved students highly preferred.
- Demonstrates organizational, project planning, computer (Word, PPT, Excel), and verbal and written communication skills; comfort with budget tracking and financial oversight ideal
- Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience. Compensation at RePublic includes a comprehensive benefits package.