RePublic Schools, Director of Operations (2017-2018) (Nashville, TN)
Date published: 26-Oct-2016
At RePublic, we cultivate a cohesive community of families, staff, and scholars committed to doing whatever it takes to ensure our scholars succeed. We are looking for a dynamic, determined Director of Operations (DOO) to lock arms with our school teams in Nashville for the 2017-2018 school year. Part architect, part-fine tuner, and all-seeing, the Director of Operations is the operational leader of the school, reports directly to the school leader, and is the primary liaison to the regional operations team. The DOO creates and maintains all crucial non-instructional systems that enable our schools to run smoothly and efficiently.
RePublic’s DOOs are responsible for the organization and management of fiscal services, state and federal grant reporting, human resources, risk management, facilities planning and development, maintenance and operations, transportation, technology, vendor relationships, student enrollment data, and compliance with staff. A mastermind behind the scenes, the scene is better planned, organized, executed, documented, and communicated because of the DOO and his/her leadership of each school’s Operations Team.
Who You Are
What You’ll Do
- Bring it.
- Manage school finance and accounting.
- Provide school based academic support.
- Support school-level human resources. Partner with network operations team to onboard new hires and to ensure teachers meet compliance and certification requirements; manage and coach the school-based Operations Team to excellence.
- Never stop growing. ;
- Spread the love. Build deep relationships with students, families, and staff to foster a culture of joy and community. Go above and beyond to support and
- Sweat the small stuff.
The Fine Print
- Qualifications. Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or graduate degree preferred.
- Prior Experience. 3-7 years prior work experience preferred – in business or operations management a plus. Experience working with traditionally underserved students highly preferred.
- Skills. Demonstrates organizational, project planning, computer (Word, PPT, Excel), and verbal and written communication skills; comfort with budget tracking and financial oversight ideal
- Compensation. Salary is competitive and commensurate based on experience. Compensation at RePublic includes a comprehensive benefits package.
RePublic Schools is a network of high-performing public charter schools based in Nashville, TN and Jackson, MS with a mission to reimagine public education in the South and prepare all of our scholars to graduate from college. In addition to providing a world-class traditional academic curriculum, we empower our students to be change-makers by teaching them to code – starting in the 5th grade.
Despite the fact that our scholars come from traditionally underserved communities (approximately 85% identify as low-income, and nearly 95% as students of color), we have seen them defy the odds to achieve outstanding results. RePublic’s schools have scored in the top 5% of all open-enrollment public schools across the state of Tennessee for both student growth and absolute achievement – making ours the first (and only) charter schools in state history to achieve this dual distinction.
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!