Nashville Classical, Operations Coordinator (Immediate Opening) (Nashville, TN)
Date published: 13-Dec-2017
The Operations Coordinator is a founder. They create systems and make Nashville Classical Middle School efficient, orderly, and user-friendly. The OC responsibilities include all non-instructional functions: arrival, dismissal, food service, facility, vendors, etc. By planning events, building relationships, and delivering communications, the OC drives Nashville Classical’s strategic priorities. Without the OC, the school literally cannot function. Across every inch of the building and each second of the day, they ensure scholar success.
- Setting the vision and maintenance of projects related to the daily operations of the school.
- Leading smooth day-to-day operations of the school including the facility, front desk, classrooms, cafeteria, buses, common spaces, and the grounds.
- Leading whole school procedures including arrival, dismissal, lunch, recess, and snack.
- Managing the school’s finances by processing invoices, checks, credit card statements, reimbursements, payroll, donations, supplies and procurement.
- Planning and executing family, staff, and scholar special events.
- Overseeing scholar & family communication via school newsletter, email, and social media.
- Auditing operational practices monthly to reduce time, cost, and manpower.
- Providing direct supports to scholars, teachers, and families, as needed.
- Managing an office manager and operations fellow to achieve excellence in school operations
- Experience in nonprofit management or for profit operations.
- Experience in a school setting is preferred.
- A Master’s Degree is preferred; a Bachelor’s degree and desire to make history is required.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including a salary above the district scale, required technology and comprehensive health benefits. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.