Nashville Classical, Dean of Scholar Supports (2018-2019) (Nashville, TN)
Date published: 13-Dec-2017
The Dean of Scholar Supports role is designed to support scholars with exceptional needs or possible exceptional needs at Nashville Classical. Bottom-line, this role works with our school’s most vulnerable and hardest working scholars and it is essential to our school’s success.
The ideal candidate possesses
- Multiple more years teaching Special Education.
- Experience managing a Special Education caseload.
- Ability to design and coordinate a tiered referral process with multiple stakeholders (scholars, parents, teachers, administrators, and central office employees) that urgently leads students to achieve.
Duties include but are not limited to the following areas
- Review weekly lesson plans and provide modifications, as necessary.
- Teach small groups in guided reading.
- Teach small groups in guided math.
- Monitor referrals for students with special needs.
- Design behavior interventions for students with special needs.
- Implement school-wide systems for academics and behavior.
- Engage families through phone calls, home visits, bus rides, and notes.
- Design processes to monitor progress of Tier II, Tier III and exceptional students.
- Compile data for meetings, updates, and annual reports.
- Participate in a three-week summer staff training prior to school’s opening.
- Participate in weekly professional development on Friday afternoons.
- Design and lead professional development on school’s referral process.
- Design and lead professional development on modifications.
Additional duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing a team of intervention teachers and paraprofessionals
- Coordinate relationships with the district’s office of exceptional education.
- Coordinate a child find referral process with multiple stakeholders.
- Monitor school compliance using Easy IEP and other tools.
- Attend weekly Leadership Team Meetings
The Dean of Scholar Supports receives a competitive salary and full benefits package.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!