Memphis College Prep, Fifth Grade Math Teacher (2018-2019) (Memphis, TN)
Date published: 5-Mar-2018
Teachers hold the primary responsibility for the implementation and development of Memphis College Prep curriculum. Memphis College Prep seeks teachers who are committed to continuously improving curriculum and instruction through collaboration as part of a grade level and school-wide team. A teacher works relentlessly in their aim to see student growth and want to hone their skills as effective classroom teachers.
Fifth Grade is departmentalized. A game-changing fifth grade teacher will work with two cohorts of students, focusing on Math instruction.
- Drives the Memphis College Prep mission and demonstrates a relentless commitment to the mission of college graduation beginning in kindergarten.
- Creates rigorous, standards-aligned curriculum and assessments.
- Develops and implements rigorous, standards-aligned lesson plans targeted with end goal of student performance to be at or above grade-level.
- Creates, monitors and sustains a disciplined school culture of high academic and behavioral standards.
- Communicates regularly and proactively with scholars, families, and colleagues.
- Continuously utilizes feedback to make productive changes to instructional practices and overall performance.
- Completes any administrative requirements before given deadlines.
- Participates in additional activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year.
Minimum 1-2 years of urban teaching, preferred, and a Tennessee Teaching License
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Successful manager of an urban classroom who has used structure, incentives, and high expectations to drive student success
- Experienced classroom teacher with demonstrated quantifiable and objective student performance gains that surpass state or local averages
- Ability to work with a variety of learning abilities, including those with special needs and low skill level in a heterogeneously grouped classroom setting
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team, including parents, colleagues, and community members
- Strong knowledge
Commitment to Diversity:
Memphis College Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.