Equitas Academy Charter Schools, Middle School Teachers - Grades 5-8th (2017-2018) (Los Angeles, CA)
Los Angeles, CA
Date published: 20-Feb-2017
Equitas Academy Charter School was founded in 2009. We are a network of free public schools for families who believe their children deserve a high-quality education and challenging school experience. Our school model offers credentialed, passionate, and dedicated teachers and staff who are experts in their field. We currently serve over 1,000 students in Kinder-8th grade in two elementary schools and one middle school and will open our second middle school in August 2017. Equitas Academy is based in the Pico-Union neighborhood of Los Angeles, California. We value:
- High Expectations. Structured and disciplined classrooms, school-wide behavioral code of conduct, and school uniforms
- College Readiness. Extended school day and year, enrichment activities, and preparation to enter top-performing middle, high schools, and, ultimately, college
- A Family Partnership. Ongoing communication with parents about academic and behavioral progress, at-home visits by staff, and family workshops
- A Safe & Supportive School Community. We help our children make positive choices through our school values of curiosity, optimism, gratitude, grit, self-control, social intelligence, and zest.
Our Mission & Success
To provide a structured, achievement-based community that prepares students (“scholars”) to graduate from college-preparatory high schools, four-year colleges, and universities. Our school has been recognized as a California Distinguished School and Gold Ribbon School by the California Department of Education because of our commitment to data driven instruction to provide a rigorous and equitable education for all students.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at: http://www.equitasacademy.org
What Makes Our Teachers Equi-tastic?
- A willingness to work collaboratively with adults to deliver on our mission
- An ability to build strong relationships with scholars, staff, and families
- They thrive on reflective feedback with weekly coaching and observations
- Demonstrated perseverance in the face of adversity
- They don’t give up on scholars and they maintain high expectations
- Warm/Strict management with our scholars
- A belief that every adult is accountable for every scholar’s success
- Demonstrated leadership through creative problem solving and initiative
- Believes in educating families about advocating for their child’s success
What Equitas Academy Can Offer You!
- Consistent behavior management systems and a structured classroom environment
- School-wide student culture and alignment
- Consistent and individualized coaching for teachers
- Opportunities for improving our instructional and cultural model
- Competitive compensation, performance-based increases, and a strong benefits package
- A focus on transparency and communication
- A supportive, likeminded, and joyful professional community
- Four weeks of Professional Development in the Summer and continuous weekly and differentiated PD throughout the school year
- Strong commitment to our Core Values for Professionals and for Scholars
- Monthly employee recognition and celebration through our Equitastic and Core Value awards
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- A current California Multiple Subject teaching credential (Internship is fine); or out of state equivalent required
- A strong belief that all students can succeed
- Demonstrated success working with students in traditionally underserved communities
- Bilingual English/Spanish (preferred but not required)
Commitment to Diversity
Equitas Academy is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced team of educators. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Start Date: August 2017
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!