Equitas Academy Charter Schools, After School Site Coordinator - Middle School (2017-2018) (Los Angeles, CA)
Los Angeles, CA
Date published: 20-Feb-2017
Under the supervision of the Director of Expanded Learning, the After School Site Coordinator is responsible for the implementation and oversight of the after school program. Responsibilities will include supervision of all program staff and program activities at the site including educational content, recreational activities, counseling, and sports.
- Supervises and evaluates all After School Program Leaders at the middle school site.
- Participates in interviews, selection, assignment, and orientation of program staff.
- Assigns and monitors program leader tasks.
- Meets with staff on a regular basis, including weekly one on one check-‐ins and weekly group meetings.
- Assists the Director to ensure that all government contract and ASES standards are met at all times.
- Develops and supervises staff activities, including staff development and training.
- Works with Director to ensure the implementation of an enriched curriculum.
- Acts as program liaison to school staff, law enforcement, and other community agencies.
- Monitors and requests adequate instructional supplies for the program.
- Ensures that staff turn in lesson plans, attendance and other paperwork in a timely manner.
- Reports regularly to the Director with issues of concern that need immediate attention.
- Nurtures respectful relationships with scholars, staff and families
- Meets weekly with school-‐based leadership team
- Carries out Mission, Vision, and Values of Equitas Academy
- May perform other administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Expanded Learning or the School Director
Salaried, year round position with benefits.
- AA degree or 60 semester units completed with at least 24 units in Child Development, Human Services, Recreation or related field, plus 3 units in Administration.
- Two years experience working with youth and families, including experience supervising after-‐school programs.
- Strong management skills.
- Criminal clearance, including fingerprints and TB Test
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Current CPR and 1st Aid Certificate within 60 days of employment.
Commitment to Diversity
Equitas Academy is actively seeking to build a diverse and experienced team of educators. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Equitas Academy Charter Schools are free public schools for families who believe their children deserve a high-‐quality education and challenging school experience. Our school model offers credentialed, passionate, and dedicated teachers and staff who are experts in their field. We value:
- High Expectations. Structured and disciplined classrooms, school-‐wide behavioral code of conduct, and school uniforms
- College Readiness. Extended school day and year, enrichment activities, and preparation to enter top-‐performing middle, high schools, and, ultimately, college
- A Family Partnership. Ongoing communication with parents about academic and behavioral progress, at-‐home visits by staff, and family workshops
- A Safe & Supportive School Community. We help our children make positive choices through our school values of curiosity, optimism, gratitude, grit, self-‐control, social intelligence, and zest.
More information can be found on our website at www.equitasacademy.org
Reports to: Director of Expanded Learning
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!