Endeavor College Prep, Campus Monitor (Immediate Opening) (Los Angeles, CA)
Los Angeles, CA
Date published: 19-Mar-2018
Endeavor College Prep is a transitional kindergarten through eighth grade charter school serving the historically underserved neighborhoods of Boyle Heights, Lincoln Heights, and surrounding eastside communities. Endeavor opened in 2009 as a 4th-8th grade middle school and merged with Futuro Prep in 2013 to become a TK-8 school serving over 600 students. Among our early accomplishments are a 2012 California Distinguished School Award and a #8 ranking in USC’s 2013 list of top charter schools in the state. Our student population is 100% extraordinary, 97% Latino, 95% free/reduced lunch, 38% English Language Learners, and 14% of our students receive special education services.
Our team is made up of a highly collaborative group of teachers and staff who share a passion for closing the achievement gap. We use a co-teaching structure in elementary grades modeled after the successful Uncommon Schools and Achievement First schools on the east coast. We have high expectations for academics and discipline, and simultaneously value joy in the classroom, making learning fun for our scholars and teachers. We are moving into a beautiful, newly renovated campus in south Boyle Heights August 2017.
The Campus Monitor reports to the Principal to help with various supervision duties to ensure the safety of our students.
The Campus Monitor’s primary duties may include:
- Recess and/or lunch supervision
- Hallway monitoring and restroom supervision
- Responding to behavior support calls and escorting students to office or reset room.
- Other tasks as directed by the Principal
General Qualifications for All Endeavor College Prep Faculty & Staff
All faculty and staff must possess a firm belief in our mission and core instructional beliefs, exemplary personal character, and critical professional qualifications. Ideal candidates for employment at Endeavor College Prep, regardless of their position, will consistently demonstrate the following:
- Unwavering belief in and commitment to fulfill Endeavor College Prep’s mission
- Embodiment of Endeavor College Prep’s PRIDE values -- preparation, respect, integrity, determination, and enthusiasm
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to effectively handle challenging situations with students, parents, and faculty
- Desire to work as a member of a collaborative team
- Willingness to have frequent and honest dialogue about job performance
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in individual professional development
- Demonstrate commitment to academic excellence and high standards -- for themselves, their students, and their colleagues
- Experience working with urban student populations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Use of data to inform decisions and drive continuous improvement
- Comfort with basic Microsoft Office applications
- Regular, punctual attendance, and professional appearance
Specific Qualifications for the Campus Monitor
- Belief that structure and discipline in school will lead to future success for our students
- Willingness and ability to hold children from kindergarten to 8th grade to high expectations for behavior
- High school degree. College degree or current enrollment in college preferred.