Endeavor College Prep, Campus Monitor (2018-2019) (Los Angeles, CA)
Los Angeles, CA
Date published: 2-Feb-2018
Endeavor College Prep is a kindergarten through eighth grade charter school serving children from the historically underserved neighborhoods of Boyle Heights, Lincoln Heights, and surrounding eastside communities. Our student population is 97% Latino, 95% free/reduced lunch, and among the highest performing in the state. We earned a 2013 API score of 870, are ranked 10 out of 10 for similar schools, became a California Distinguished School in 2012, and were ranked #8 in USC’s annual list of top charter schools in the state.
Our team is made up of a highly collaborative group of teachers and staff who share a passion for closing the achievement gap. We use a co-teaching structure in elementary grades modeled after the successful Uncommon Schools and Achievement First schools on the east coast. We have high expectations for academics and discipline, and simultaneously value joy in the classroom, making learning fun for our scholars and teachers.
The Campus Monitor works closely with various staff members of the leadership team to provide behavior support at strategic times and locations on campus, as well as individualized behavior support to specific students. The Campus Monitor will also work closely with the Internal Operations Manager.
The Campus Monitors primary duties include:
- Front Door Coverage
- Monitor students entering and/or exiting campus as day begins/ends.
- Bathroom Coverage
- Cover bathroom entrance, exit, cleanliness, and student interactions at crucial times of high usage.
- Individual Student Support
- Provide individual student support when warranted.
General Qualifications for All Endeavor College Prep Faculty & Staff
All faculty and staff must possess a firm belief in our mission and core instructional beliefs, exemplary personal character, and critical professional qualifications. Ideal candidates for employment at Endeavor College Prep, regardless of their position, will consistently demonstrate the following:
- Unwavering belief in and commitment to fulfill Endeavor College Prep’s mission
- Embodiment of Endeavor College Prep’s PRIDE values -- preparation, respect, integrity, determination, and enthusiasm
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to effectively handle challenging situations with students, parents, and faculty
- Desire to work as a member of a collaborative team
- Willingness to have frequent and honest dialogue about job performance
- Model lifelong learning by engaging in individual professional development
- Demonstrate commitment to academic excellence and high standards -- for themselves, their students, and their colleagues
- Experience working with urban student populations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Use of data to inform decisions and drive continuous improvement
- Comfort with basic Microsoft Office applications
- Regular, punctual attendance, and professional appearance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and preferably in Spanish
Endeavor College Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.