University Prep, Paraprofessional (General Education) (2017-2018) (Denver, CO)
Date published: 11-Aug-2017
Paraprofessionals are entrusted with advancing the mission of the school through providing one-on-one, small group, and behavior support to scholars in general education classrooms. Specifically, Paraprofessionals will support scholars (grades 3rd-5th) by helping them work through regular or modified grade-level curricula and supporting behavior in classrooms. Paraprofessionals will work closely with the Scholar Advancement and grade level teams, gain hands-on experience working with scholars, participate in school-wide professional development, and receive regular feedback and coaching. Paraprofessionals are supported and held accountable by the Scholar Advancement Lead, Principal, and Director of Scholar Advancement.
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of school.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Experience or familiarity working with students with special needs in an educational setting.
- Openness to feedback, desire to continue development as a professional, and willingness to take responsibility for scholar outcomes and achievement.
- Bilingual preferred (not required) (English/Spanish).
- Provide engaging, motivating, and relevant academic and behavior support to scholars using plans and modifications provided by grade level and Scholar Advancement teams.
- Collaborate regularly with grade level and Scholar Advancement teams regarding individual students’ progress and needs; provide data and anecdotal information on scholar progress during instruction.
- Teach & enforce school-wide systems, rules & consequences, disciplinary codes, and rewards at all times.
- Collaborate with other staff members and actively participate in all professional development and learning opportunities.
- Continuously use feedback to make productive changes in instructional practices and overall performance.
- Complete all administrative requirements before given deadlines.
- Participate in additional activities including field trips, family engagement events, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year
Compensation: Paraprofessionals receive a competitive compensation package including a salary and comprehensive health benefits.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!