University Prep, Operations Resident (2017-2018) (Denver, CO)
Date published: 11-Aug-2017
The Operations Resident is entrusted with advancing the mission of the school through training to run operations at a University Prep campus. Operations Residents will ultimately be responsible for the organization and oversight of all operational functions of the school including but not limited to scholar enrollment, district compliance, scholar attendance, scholar contact systems, transportation, vendor relationships, technology, facility, school safety, and family engagement. Additionally, the Operations Resident will work with the school based leadership team on attendance, homework and uniform systems. The Operations Resident will be held accountable by the Director of External Affairs, Director of Finance and Executive Director.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Three or more years of customer service/relevant experience.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong work ethic
- Knowledge of office equipment and services including computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, phones, and software.
- Open to feedback, desire to continue development as a professional and willingness to take responsibility for scholar outcomes and achievement.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
- Track record of managing complex projects to successful completion.
- Experience with database warehouse systems (Illuminate, Infinite Campus, Salesforce)
- Evidence of relationship building across multiple stakeholders
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of the organization.
- Ensure that the operations team maintains accurate, complete, neat, and organized scholar files.
- Ensure that the operations team collects, enters, and maintains school data in administrative databases.
- Creates purchase orders, tracks shipments, and follows-up on administrative needs with vendors, including ordering, receipt and maintenance of supplies.
- Ensure that the operations team maintains accurate attendance records and follows-up with families when students are not present at school.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of personal student information and data.
- Works with the School Leader and other members of the leadership team to ensure that operational duties and procedures are in place and executed properly and efficiently.
- Maintains the facility including hallways and common areas to U Prep standards.
- Ensure that the operations team maintains enthusiastic greetings of all school stakeholders and provides information and directs communication thoughtfully.
- Works with the operations team to draft and edit documents/communications, as needed.
- Ensures school is in compliance with district policies and meets deadlines in a timely manner.
- Ensures scholar safety through the preparation and execution of a yearly emergency plan.
- Trains all staff in operations procedures as needed.
- Oversees contracted service providers (transportation, facility, food services, nurse).
- Create and implement school-wide systems and procedures.
- Manages scholar orientation and registration processes.
- Manages family engagement events (Families for Achievement, University Nights, etc.)
- Maintains all IT and technology.
- Oversees and coordinates scholar activities (special programs, after care, field trips) as needed.
Compensation: We offer a competitive compensation package including a salary above the district scale and comprehensive health benefits.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Prep hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!