University Prep, K-5 Teachers (2017-2018) (Denver, CO)
Date published: 3-Nov-2016
- Strong commitment to, belief in, and alignment with mission and vision of school.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Highly qualified as defined by NCLB.
- Minimum of one year working in urban elementary education with a history of significant gains in student performance and/or growth.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Experience or familiarity analyzing data and using data to inform decisions and/or instruction.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Openness to feedback, desire to continue development as a professional, and willingness to take responsibility for scholar outcomes and achievement.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
- Embody mission and vision of school.
- Create rigorous, standards-aligned curriculum including scope and sequence, unit plans, and lesson plans.
- Develop weekly, interim and end of year assessments as needed.
- Develop and implement ambitious, rigorous, and standards-aligned lesson plans targeted with end goal of scholar performance at or above grade level expectations.
- Teach & enforce school-wide systems, rules & consequences, disciplinary codes, and rewards at all times.
- Provide engaging, motivating, and rigorous instruction in whole-class, small group and individual settings.
- Provide academic support and tutoring to small groups or individual scholars as needed/scheduled.
- Analyze student achievement data and action plan accordingly in collaboration with staff and leadership.
- Communicate regularly and proactively with scholars and families.
- Draft scholar report cards and revise as required.
- Collaborate with other staff members and actively participate in all professional development and learning opportunities.
- Continuously use feedback to make productive changes in instructional practices and overall performance.
- Complete all administrative requirements before given deadlines.
- Participate in additional activities including field trips, intensive academic support sessions, and other required programs as needed throughout year.
Compensation: We offer a competitive compensation package including a salary above the district scale and comprehensive health benefits.
Don’t see the job you are looking for? Can’t quite decide? Submit your resume for Network Talent General Interest. A Hiring Manager will reach out to you if you are a good match for an upcoming position at their school.General Interest, Apply Here!